Military exercises

Options
Started tucking ( walking with weighted backpack). Been doing 4-5 miles with 25 lb pack a couple times a week. Amazing workout and its full body.
Pain=gain.
Does anyone of any other workouts similar to rucking or military in general.

Replies

• Westschmeis
    Westschmeis Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Canadian Air Force fitness program is very good, for both men and women, plus adjusted for kids and elder adults. I used it for several years in my 50s, and now using it for rests between dumbbell exercises. It is very good for core strength and for cardio.
  • Bassmaster1203
    Bassmaster1203 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    The British Military have an app, here in the link https://apply.army.mod.uk/how-to-join/can-i-join/fitness
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options

Even though I lift heavy with mostly compound barbell lifts, I also do dumbbell accessory work and old school calisthenics (press ups, pull ups, chin ups, weighted lunges, etc) which is what the military bases their stuff on. It is great for conditioning the body.

Pain is not good (usually signals injury), after exercise muscle soreness (DOMS) is different and usually a good sign.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    "Started tucking ( walking with weighted backpack)." I thought it was called "rucking" with the weighted backpack being called a rucksack. So long as the pain is a "good" pain, carry on.