47 lbs down since January -- pics

Options
cinrn68
cinrn68 Posts: 215 Member
I still have 23 lbs to go before my goal, but I figured I'd post my results so far. I started at 220 lbs in January of this year, which is when I started MFP and decided to cut out all junk food and alcohol (except for special occasions). I started out walking on my treadmill, which had just been taking up space and gathering dust prior to that. In March, I started the C25k program and I ran my first 5k race on Mother's Day -- such an accomplishment! I am 45 years old, I have 2 young children that I want to be around for to see them grow up and have them not remember me as always being a tired, lazy mom who didn't want to be active with them. I'm well on my way, and they are so proud of my accomplishment so far, as is my husband, who is now constantly telling me that he feels like he's having an affair with a different woman!! LOL

January 2013 -- 220 lb
b0a3e9fd-309a-424f-8475-bf14a8db31b5.jpg

August 2013 -- 173 lbs
IMG_1895.jpg

Comparison face pictures
IMG_1774.jpg
IMG_1899.jpg
IMG_1893.jpg

Replies

• cinrn68
    Options
    Sorry... pics didn't work. Will try to sort it out.
  • sklarbodds
    sklarbodds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Use a lowercase img instead of IMG....It would also help if you resize them, I think tinypic lets you do that. You look great btw!
    I still have 23 lbs to go before my goal, but I figured I'd post my results so far. I started at 220 lbs in January of this year, which is when I started MFP and decided to cut out all junk food and alcohol (except for special occasions). I started out walking on my treadmill, which had just been taking up space and gathering dust prior to that. In March, I started the C25k program and I ran my first 5k race on Mother's Day -- such an accomplishment! I am 45 years old, I have 2 young children that I want to be around for to see them grow up and have them not remember me as always being a tired, lazy mom who didn't want to be active with them. I'm well on my way, and they are so proud of my accomplishment so far, as is my husband, who is now constantly telling me that he feels like he's having an affair with a different woman!! LOL

January 2013 -- 220 lbs
    28kpvll.jpg

August 2013 -- 173 lbs
    15ydc0m.jpg

Comparison face pictures
    2emiwza.jpg24pmptc.jpg
  • jetinder
    jetinder Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Well done. I've done the same for the same reasons, and now my kids call me "medium daddy" rather than "fat daddy". It means so much to me that it's spurring me on further and further.

I went down the same route as you, walking and sorting my "junk portions" out. Isn't it an amazing feeling ?

Again, congratulations on your amazing achievement and keep up the great work.

jet
  • Kayleria
    Kayleria Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    If people copy and paste them into a browser without the [IMG]boxes on both ends, they work. Although the face comparison photo only shows the one from what I can tell. http://i43.tinypic.com/28kpvll.jpg http://i43.tinypic.com/15ydc0m.jpg http://i42.tinypic.com/2emiwza.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/24pmptc.jpg Regardless of all that - Congratulations, you look fabulous and are glowing![/img]
  • seliinac
    seliinac Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I think the pics are too big but if I clicked on them I could see the whole picture. You look great! What an inspiration! Thank you gor sharing your story.

:)
  • aggieanne04
    aggieanne04 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    This is so motivating! Congratulations! You look great. :)
  • ami_ami
    ami_ami Posts: 8
    Options
    hahahah.....medium daddy....
  • elainemorris1982
    elainemorris1982 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    you look amazing well done. Keep it up x
  • mayonie1
    mayonie1 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Wow you looking good.
  • er0719
    er0719 Posts: 1
    Options
    Wow!! You look great!!
  • karibj2010
    karibj2010 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    WOW! Great job...you look way younger than 45 :smile:
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Wow...so good...you're looking great and fit!
  • birdsitter1
    Options
    Yay! Look at you! What an inspiration you are to me. Awesome job!
  • jlmed
    jlmed Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    You look awesome, congrats!
  • zoe534
    zoe534 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Way to go with the 5K too.:smile:
  • Carroll135
    Carroll135 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations and thanks for the inspiring story and pics!
  • purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Congrats!
  • cinrn68
    Options
    Well done. I've done the same for the same reasons, and now my kids call me "medium daddy" rather than "fat daddy". It means so much to me that it's spurring me on further and further.

I went down the same route as you, walking and sorting my "junk portions" out. Isn't it an amazing feeling ?

Again, congratulations on your amazing achievement and keep up the great work.

jet

Amazing what our kids can motivate us to do, right? LOL And yes, just cutting out the junk food and moving has made such a huge difference for me. Now, instead of snacking in front of the tv in the evening, I walk on the treadmill while I watch tv.
  • cinrn68
    Options
    Thanks, everyone, for the support and encouragement. I've gotten so much inspiration and motivation from the other "success stories" here on MFP, I decided I needed to share my own so far. My journey continues!! :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!