Lost my motivation

Options
I keep grinding at the gym and stopping after awhile, I need help staying on track and staying motivated!!

Replies

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Don't wait around for motivation.

Lack of motivation is just another excuse.

Just do it.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Do you actually enjoy the gym? It's a lot harder to stick with something if you don't enjoy it.
  • 1houndgal
    1houndgal Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I keep grinding at the gym and stopping after awhile, I need help staying on track and staying motivated!!

What are your typical activities at the gym? Do you do cardio? Aerobic excercise increases endorphins, so be sure to do cardio.

Are there other activities you can add to your excercise routine, that you would like to try?
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    maybe stop "grinding" when you're at the gym. Try some different things...for less time...make it enjoyable. Do you have a head set and listen to music? Or watch a favorite T.V. program while on the elliptical? Try to make it more effortless and fun. I can stay on the elliptical for an hour listening to music and looking out at the view. It is like not exercising at all. When i don't have my headset it makes it hard work and i push through and hate doing it. maybe try a class..exercising, or spinning with other people could be your thing.
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Are you just tired of it mentally or physically? It's okay to take a break and come back reinvigorated, it might actually be the perfect solution. You're grinding as it is, no need to be non-stop.
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options

If you're looking for motivation, I'll tell you now, you will never feel constantly motivated. I have been lifting for 5 years and I can tell you I've had my share of days where I just wanted to stay at home. However, I still went to the gym regardless on how I felt, because my goals are more important than my current feels. After my workout, I never regret going.
  • h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    whats your goal ?

with nothing to aim for, the daily grind becomes just that ... if there is no achievable measurable goal. This is why I liked stronglifts 5x5 .. its not the best program out there, but it focuses you intently on upping the weight .. you only have a hand full of lifts to do. You purposefully follow the app, move through the warm up, get to you final weight. Its upped by 2.5kg since last time ... its going to be hard, brace, commit.

I find, whenever I dont have something to aim for, that I stagnate and it becomes stale very quickly, I need something to remind myself why I am doing it, a reason to be in the gym in the fist place, rather than just pick stuff up, put it back down again.

Enter a competition, take up a sport, join a class, get a trainer .. commit to doing something in a certain time