Starting Over TODAY

Options
onion68
onion68 Posts: 8 Member
edited March 2018 in Getting Started
Hello, I am not new to myfitnesspal or to the weight loss game - it's been the uphill battle of my life. However, I am starting over today - today is a clean slate, and my poor choices of the past are behind me. I've got a long way to go (90lbs would be great), but I'm starting with a short term goal. In exactly 10 weeks from today, I will be taking a trip I've been waiting for for more years than I can remember. I'm going to Ireland! While doing some planning, it occurred to me that my trip will involve a lot of walk, climbing, etc. For me to fully enjoy my trip, I need to get myself in gear NOW! I have arthritis in my knees and back, and my overly sedentary lifestyle is not helping that. So, I've put myself on a mission to reduce my knee and back pain by starting slowly to exercise, and gradually build up each week (sort of like a C25K, but using a stationary bike, then transitioning to walking). My hope is that I can strengthen my knees and back, reducing pain, increasing mobility, and losing some weight in the process. I need support and hope that I can find some here. Have a spectacular day!

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    You've got a short term goal, that's terrific...and even more so you're coming to my part of the world and you will enjoy it :smiley:
    Glad you have taken the step today to make a fresh start - all the best :smile:
  • KatieNicole95
    KatieNicole95 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You're setting your priorities straight! Good luck! You can do it! And it will be so worth it!
  • lois1231
    lois1231 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    You have the same motivation I do for losing weight. I am also going to Europe and know there will be a ton of walking. I started in January and have lost 30 pounds. If I can do it you can also. I also have a lot of joint problems which the weight wasn't helping. I started by walking 2500 steps and was getting over 20,000 steps but scaled it back to around 15,000 because I am in a walking boot because of my ankle. There are plenty of supportive people here. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • broomykm
    broomykm Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am also “starting over “ today...send me a friend request if you would like.
  • SarahEscobar_07
    SarahEscobar_07 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Way to go with having a short term goal to start out with! I too am starting over today. I began my journey early last year and with hard work and discipline I managed to lose 55lbs. Whoop whoop... Well fast forward to this past winter and talk about a downward spiral... I think I too go into hibernation at times, lol. Winter has always been hard for me with my birthday and holidays and just not being motivated by the weather and not being able to get outside and KABLAM ... I gain back 15 lbs....

Sooooo..... today I am starting over... my first goal is to get back under 200 lbs. I must succeed at being healthy, not only for myself, but for me to be able to take care of my family... I have an awesome husband and 5 amazing babies.

LET’s DO THIS YALL....