Do or Die!

bkfarrow
bkfarrow Posts: 3 Member
edited March 2018 in Introduce Yourself
At 325 pounds and 41 yrs old it’s time to make a change. My kids have only known me as the big, fat dad not the athlete I was years ago before they were born. Working out twice a day and focusing on mostly paleo style diet. Love tracking my food, workouts, and progress in this app. Down 9 pounds my first week! I’m in Gilbert, AZ. Very interested in making friends for support, training ideas, etc.

Replies

• buyingagent911
    buyingagent911 Posts: 4 Member
    About 2 to 2.5 months ago I hit 348lbs and felt "do or die". I immediately dropped about 10 pounds and logged into myfitness pal about 6 weeks ago at 338 lbs. From there, I've lost another 15 lbs so far in 6 weeks. I have 122 more pounds to lose. I'm 6 feet tall, so at 200 lbs I feel very fit and look thing and don't look obese.

In six weeks by logging food and getting help and encouragement from the myfitnesspal community, I feel like I have mastered my eating habits. I am JUST as we speak working on forming my exercise HABIT (this morning I went to the gym and it is day THREE of my new exercise habit).

I am doing a cross between paleo and keto. Trying to limit net carbs to next to nothing and eat more fat than anything, plus protein. Increasing salads and vegetables (but staying away from fruit.)

I am looking for accountability partners and friends.

What is your final weight goal? What kind of workouts are you doing? Any specific challenges you are wanting to overcome?

-Gary