Light Headed! 17 day diet!

Options
2»

Replies

• ajaxe432
    ajaxe432 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Wow. I feel so attacked here. I would try to explain further but no use. thanks for the help
    Unfortuanatley when you put something on the forums, you get people who think they are the gods of nutrition, kings of exercise, and doctors of any kind. Basically, a lot of regulars on here who think they know it all.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't do it if it makes you sick. No diet is worth it.
  • Llamedos1960
    Options
    OP, folks are just very opinionated here :) It's not you.
    I am doing the 17 day diet so that I will learn to eat better. I am getting my carbs from fruits and veggies. I am just staying about from sugar and breads. And it is not really a diet. I am getting at least 1500 calories a day. I know to have at least 1200. I wouldnt starve myself. I just want to stop eating so much junk. so by doing a "diet" it challenges me to reach my goal. Yall are saying to ditch the DIET but I am eating protein, veggies, and fruits, healthy fats, and drinking green tea. Nothing wrong with that at all. Just no sugar or complex carbs. I would rather learn how to eat properly and make it a habit NOW than to eat what I want and end up getting diabetes because I became an addict of bread and sweets. Plus, this "diet" is pretty good. I am majoring in Nutritional Science so I know that this is legit.

Getting diabetes from breads and sweets :huh:

Anyway... If you feel that you are getting proper nutrition, but are still feeling light headed, why not make an appointment with your doctor?

Well, I'm in the middle of 'getting diabetes from breads and sweets'. Granted, I'm mixed NA, and I have PCOS, but if someone is pre-diabetic (hi!) or diabetes runs strongly in their family, or they have PCOS, I'd certainly suggest not indulging in many breads or sweets. The insulin system literally wears out is the thing. Diabetes II is long into the process, even if we tend to diagnosis at that stage (sadly).

You do not get diabetes from eating breads and sweets. You might become overweight from OVEReating any foods. Being overweight does not mean that you have diabetes. Otherwise please explain all the overweight/obese people who do not have diabetes.

My husband is obese. His blood sugar is perfectly normal. He has no signs whatsoever of diabetes.

I have Type 2 Diabetes, my mother had Type 2 diabetes, so do other members of my family - not all of them overweight or obese.

Carrying extra weight can, if you are pre-disposed to diabetes, have an effect on insulin resistance.

BEING FAT DOES NOT CAUSE DIABETES!!!
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    OP, folks are just very opinionated here :) It's not you.
    I am doing the 17 day diet so that I will learn to eat better. I am getting my carbs from fruits and veggies. I am just staying about from sugar and breads. And it is not really a diet. I am getting at least 1500 calories a day. I know to have at least 1200. I wouldnt starve myself. I just want to stop eating so much junk. so by doing a "diet" it challenges me to reach my goal. Yall are saying to ditch the DIET but I am eating protein, veggies, and fruits, healthy fats, and drinking green tea. Nothing wrong with that at all. Just no sugar or complex carbs. I would rather learn how to eat properly and make it a habit NOW than to eat what I want and end up getting diabetes because I became an addict of bread and sweets. Plus, this "diet" is pretty good. I am majoring in Nutritional Science so I know that this is legit.

Getting diabetes from breads and sweets :huh:

Anyway... If you feel that you are getting proper nutrition, but are still feeling light headed, why not make an appointment with your doctor?

Well, I'm in the middle of 'getting diabetes from breads and sweets'. Granted, I'm mixed NA, and I have PCOS, but if someone is pre-diabetic (hi!) or diabetes runs strongly in their family, or they have PCOS, I'd certainly suggest not indulging in many breads or sweets. The insulin system literally wears out is the thing. Diabetes II is long into the process, even if we tend to diagnosis at that stage (sadly).

You do not get diabetes from eating breads and sweets. You might become overweight from OVEReating any foods. Being overweight does not mean that you have diabetes. Otherwise please explain all the overweight/obese people who do not have diabetes.

My husband is obese. His blood sugar is perfectly normal. He has no signs whatsoever of diabetes.

I have Type 2 Diabetes, my mother had Type 2 diabetes, so do other members of my family - not all of them overweight or obese.

Carrying extra weight can, if you are pre-disposed to diabetes, have an effect on insulin resistance.

BEING FAT DOES NOT CAUSE DIABETES!!!

I totally agree with you! I'm pre-diabetic and was just barely overweight by BMI and not overweight now. I meant the glucose metabolism, literally. The system that pumps out insulin and the sensitivity of that insulin can't handle constant big stressors like you get from sweets. Too much insulin has to be pumped out for some folks' systems to handle. Eventually it becomes diabetes.

People with no disposition towards diabetes can eat all the sweets they want as far as I know. The sweets and bread part was referring to the glucose problems many folks have, though :)
  • Bbz423
    Bbz423 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    How did it go! Did u stick with it and lose anything with it? If so were u able to keep it off!? In phase one now lol it's so hard
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    This post is from a year ago....

Also- why not just use mfp the way it was designed?