What Can I eat instead of sweet potato?

Options
I nee to eat 200g sweet potato. Any similar food to replace sweet potato?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Why do you need to eat it?

If you're eating a diet with enough variety to meet your nutritional needs, you can replace it with anything you'd like. If I wanted something like sweet potato, I'd probably have potato or butternut squash.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    If you need to eat 200 grams of sweet potato, you have to eat 200 grams of sweet potato. But I doubt that is a real issue. You can eat anything you want. If you want to hit a particular macro balance, play around with foods and amounts. If your goal is to hit a calorie target, keep in mind that tracking macros should help you do that, not make it harder.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Why do you "need" to eat 200g sweet potato.

Perhaps a regular potato?
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    Pick something else with 171 calories that's a carb with fiber.

lk9uvobhxtm9.jpg
  • candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    But I hate butternut squash! It's like in my barley mushroom risotto, and I would actually take it right out.

Black beans and quinoa and butternut squash? Give me break!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options

Why are you needing to eat sweet potato particularly?
    Carrots, pumpkin, butternut squash, acorn squash
    White potato, parsnips
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    Boil some carrots. I think 400g of carrots is about the same, macro and calorie wise, as 200g of sweet potato. Quicker to prepare too.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    The question is really, what purpose does it serve in your diet? Are you looking for equivalent starches? Something with the same nutrients? Is there a specific nutrient it's meant to include in your diet?

If the meal plan was set up for you by someone else, you might be best served asking them about what kind of substitutions you can make. We can all go round and round with foods that we like, but there's no way of knowing whether or not it's a good substitution without more information.

I will say that white potatoes would be the closest substitute I can come up with, but if you don't like sweet potatoes or are avoiding them for some other reason then maybe that won't work for you. More information always helps.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Russet potato would be my first answer. But such a rigid diet in the first place would turn me off. I eat what I like, within my calories/macros.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,730 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    ... nevermind. I was just having kittens!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    Damn...now I'm dying for sweet potato fries. :sweat:
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,730 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    Damn...now I'm dying for sweet potato fries. :sweat:

With bacon?