Concept 2 Rowers - World Erg Challenge

Options
sgt1372
sgt1372 Posts: 3,979 Member
edited March 2018 in Fitness and Exercise
Anybody interested in joining me in the Concept 2 - World Erg Challenge?

Only need 2 people to be eligible to participate as a team.

The challenge runs from March 15-April 15 and I am committed to rowing 10k meters/day throughout the challenge period, which I am already currently doing for the individual Mud Season Madness Challenge which overlaps in time w/the team World Erg Challenge.

You can read the details about the challenge here: https://log.concept2.com/challenges/wec

I've created a team called "The MFP Rowers". Not very original, I know, but it's clear and unambiguous. You can join w/o any prior review/approval from me. However, to be eligible, the team needs to be finalized no later than March 30th.

If you want to participate, you just need to join the The MFP Rowers team and join the World Erg Challenge, which you can do on the Teams Page in your Concept 2 Logbook.

Then just start rowing and logging your workouts online beginning no later than March 15th.

Please PM me to let me know if you have joined and/or if you have any questions. Thanks!

Replies

• justlog
    justlog Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Does the existing MFP rowing team not participate any longer in these? I was on that team for a couple of years and we used to do - not too shabby.. It's been a while though so things may have changed.
  • sgt1372
    edited March 2018
    Options
    justlog wrote: »
    Does the existing MFP rowing team not participate any longer in these? I was on that team for a couple of years and we used to do - not too shabby.. It's been a while though so things may have changed.

Didn't know there was one.

Haven't seen any mention of a rowing "team" on MFP in all the time I've been back on MFP which has been almost 2 years.

So, it probably would be best to just start fresh again w/anyone who is currently interested in joining now.

• __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Just hooking you up with @robinrows. Even if the “MFP Friends” C2 team isn’t active right now, you definitely want to get on whatever team he’s on.
  • sgt1372
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I created The MFP Rowers specifically to participate in Concept 2 rowing team rowing challenges.

Not interested in trying to join or resurrect a stale/inactive group. So, if you'd like to participate in the World Erg Challenge w/me, you'll need to join The MFP Rowers.

No problem if you can't or don't want to do so.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I'd join you Sgt but I'm already committed to an online group (Sub 7). I row between 30K and 75K a week depending on what I'm doing for Cross Training. 10K a day is decent volume! I usually do around that but I've been playing around quite a bit on my new Air Dyne Pro (Assault style bike).
  • justlog
    justlog Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Just checked C2 site.. MFP Friends is their name and shows 12 on the team.

As was my struggle with the team in the past, I do other activities besides row so I don't always rack up the meters for any one challenge. That said, I have more than 4 million meters logged.

Good luck!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,203 Member
    Options
    Standing on the sidelines cheering for you!

(My wrecked knees don't love daily rowing; I was pushing my luck doing 6 days x 8k or so for the Holiday Challenge.)

Go rock it: With your consistency, I know you will. :)
  • sgt1372
    Options
    Bump. 2 days b4 the challenge begins.

For those on the sidelines and worried about not being able to row "enough," this event is only as challenging as you want it to be.

I don't view it competitively. Row as little or much as you like. Makes no difference to me.

Don't let my 10k m/day goal scare you away. That's just my goal and has nothing to do w/anyone else.

Just thought it would be a "fun" way to get the few rowers I've seen here to get together.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    I created The MFP Rowers specifically to participate in Concept 2 rowing team rowing challenges.

Not interested in trying to join or resurrect a stale/inactive group. So, if you'd like to participate in the World Erg Challenge w/me, you'll need to join The MFP Rowers.

MFP Friends is neither stale nor inactive.....but I'll be skipping the challenge this year as I've started my triathlon season training. 15 weeks until Mont Tremblant.
  • sgt1372
    edited March 2018
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »

MFP Friends is neither stale nor inactive.....

If you say so but I've been very active on MFP for the past 22 months and this was the 1st I ever heard of it.

In any event, The MFP Rowers team is set up and ready to go. All we need is one more person to create an eligible team

Only 1 day left b4 the World Challenge begins.

Anyone is welcome to join me. I'll be rowing everyday regardless even if it doesn't count toward the challenge.

Ciao! :)