Anyone eating Paleo?

Options
GemmaM_x
GemmaM_x Posts: 324 Member
Is there anyone out there eating Paleo with open diaries?

Starting to eat Paleo tomorrow. Been feeling disgustingly bloated and lethargic lately when eating breads, wheat, pasta etc and excited to see what difference eating Paleo will make. Seeing a personal trainer for the next month which is going to include a lot of lifting and strength training, a massive change from the endless cardio I was doing before.

Would be interested to hear your experience and hopefully have a look at your diaries for some additional inspiration.

Replies

• Veslus
    Veslus Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I eat paleo.

You've been warned about carb flu right? It sucks but once you get through it you'll feel great I promise!

Mine lasted a bit less than a week but my girlfriend, who is super sensitive to just about everything, had it for closer to two.

Other than that though, it's pretty great. Our energy levels are higher and we have a much easier time getting up in the morning.

We started out with a Whole30, because we figured we'd go for all or nothing. One of the best choices we've ever made (and the weight loss aspect was pretty nice too)!
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    no
  • CallMeBacon
    CallMeBacon Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I very, very loosely follow paleo.. so really, I limit my processed carbs (goal of 100g/day) and eat a ton of protein. For me, that means I eat a lot of red meat. bacon, and veggies. Yum! I do notice that when I do eat a fair amount of carbs, I *really* retain water - makes my hands hurt, oddly.

Honestly, my food choices are driven by hitting my calorie goals, and the breakout of macros I have (while loosely aligned with paleo) really stems from what I need to be happy long-term in my food choices.

Plus.. bacon.. Mmm. :happy:
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    <---- my avatar eats paleo. Her favourite food is woolly rhino.
  • justaspoonfulofsugar
    justaspoonfulofsugar Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Is there anyone out there eating Paleo with open diaries?

Starting to eat Paleo tomorrow. Been feeling disgustingly bloated and lethargic lately when eating breads, wheat, pasta etc and excited to see what difference eating Paleo will make. Seeing a personal trainer for the next month which is going to include a lot of lifting and strength training, a massive change from the endless cardio I was doing before.

Would be interested to hear your experience and hopefully have a look at your diaries for some additional inspiration.
    there is a group on here just for that with a lovely group of people.primal and paleo support.join and friend people here.lots of us have open diaries
  • jahowell
    jahowell Posts: 67
    Options
    I try to stick to it, and I feel soooo much better when I do, The stricter I am the better I feel, less joint pain, irritability, anxiety, More energy, less bloat and intestinal irritations if you know what I mean......
    When I do stray I feel like crap, belly aches and get so damn mean and irritable.....I have tried every "way" of eating from vegan, vegetarian, and also the silly Blood type diet, LOL
    Grain free is the way for me!
  • justaspoonfulofsugar
    justaspoonfulofsugar Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I very, very loosely follow paleo.. so really, I limit my processed carbs (goal of 100g/day) and eat a ton of protein. For me, that means I eat a lot of red meat. bacon, and veggies. Yum! I do notice that when I do eat a fair amount of carbs, I *really* retain water - makes my hands hurt, oddly.

Honestly, my food choices are driven by hitting my calorie goals, and the breakout of macros I have (while loosely aligned with paleo) really stems from what I need to be happy long-term in my food choices.

love love love your name!
  • littlebee26
    Options
    paleo schmaleo
  • graceelizabethkelly
    Options
    Yes, I'm eating Paleo at the moment :)

I've lost about 6 and a half lbs in the last two weeks just by eating Paleo alone. Haven't been doing any bit of exercising! Also I say I'm eating Paleo, but I allow dairy as I love milk in my tea and dark chocolate as a treat. I learned all about it on Nerd Fitness which I'm totally loving taking part in, especially as I can work myfitnesspal into it. http://www.nerdfitness.com/

I've been learning how to make paleo pancakes, muffins, cookies too!! (when I say 'I' I mean, I've been forcing my poor boyfriend to make them!! XD) They are delicious and really hit the spot. I'm always stuffing my face with them and yet still I manage to lose weight. Though, I do have a LOT to lose, so it's probably just that the first few lbs are coming off fast.

I suppose it's pretty easy for me over here in Ireland, as all the meat is grass fed here so it's not as expensive as it could be in America or the UK.

I only make really stupidly easy recipes, because over here we have very little of the ingredients which everyone else seems to be using to make their stuff. You can see my Paleo pintrest here to get an idea of what I eat: http://pinterest.com/customcross/easy-peasy-paleo-recipies/

Best of luck and I hope it goes well for you! :)
  • jahowell
    jahowell Posts: 67
    Options

I get the same problem with swollen hands, and knees.....they hurt when I eat processed foods!
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    It really depends on what you mean by "paleo", as there are some pretty goofy definitions/implementations out there (there's nothing "paleo" about dropping a stick of butter into one's morning coffee!)

It's a terrible name, really, as it's virtually impossible to actually eat like a mythical pre-agrarianite, and even if you could, you probably wouldn't want to, because their meat would have generally been rancid and their "produce" was of low quality and hard to obtain.

If you mean generally eating whole foods, not over-eating, and getting plenty of exercise, then yes, I eat "paleo".