2 year post op gastric sleeve fighting regain

Options
kdpotter
kdpotter Posts: 15 Member
Hi, I’m two years post op gastric sleeve. Been doing great for the past two years but recently been struggling with regain. Working hard to get back on track. Ditching the carbs and getting back to high protein and good choices. Hoping to lose 11 pounds in the next 5 weeks. Seeking encouragement, support, receipes, and tips.

Replies

• staypuffstedman
    staypuffstedman Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi there I’ve just been sleeved last week and looking for advice in the early stages on how to get enough protein in your diet, would you mind giving me some tips? Tks very much
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    @kdpotter , helping stayffsted might be a good way to help yourself! Back to the basics is a great way to stay focused and improve your habits.
  • Jenniferakajacel311
    Jenniferakajacel311 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    11 lbs in 2 weeks is a reasonable goal. Be easy on yourself though if you need to take longer and lose 1 lb a week.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    jacel311 wrote: »
    11 lbs in 2 weeks is a reasonable goal. Be easy on yourself though if you need to take longer and lose 1 lb a week.

Actually, that would be a terrible goal, but I'm sure it was a typo! She said she wanted to lose 11 lbs in 5 weeks.

However, OP, if you are currently at or near a healthy BMI, 11 lbs in 5 weeks is also far too aggressive. A 2 lb/week goal is really only realistic for those over 200 lbs with 50 + lbs to lose. Most with only 10 lbs or so to lose find a rate of .5 lb/week to be more realistic, and an easier deficit to live with.

Congratulations on your success and for catching the regain early :)