Supportive, Geeky Chick Looking for Fun Friends!

Options

Replies

• Pandorabelle
    Pandorabelle Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Bump! Still looking for fun/awesome/geeky/strange/cool people to be friends with! <3
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    My wife and I raised 3 girls, I think the geekery I tried to impart to them stuck with all three to some extent. Oldest maybe the most, 2nd child I think would be a geek if she had time to be one, and the third is a geek at heart but is just too interested in other things to let it be terribly fun for her. It's really good to see so many girls embrace being a geek. ;)
  • Pandorabelle
    Options
    Definitely! :) I think everyone embraces it in their own way, after all.

Also, I've added everyone who's posted up until this point! Still looking for more awesome friends! <3
  • Pandorabelle
    Options
    bump! :D
  • Sherri227
    Sherri227 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone this is my second go-round trying to get to a healthy weight. I am especially motivated because my wedding is in September. Short term I would like to lose 50 lb long term I would like to lose 80. I am looking for motivating friends and I am willing to give support and motivation as well.
  • Dave797979
    Dave797979 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Looking for friends don't even know if I am doing this right LOL
  • ahm29
    ahm29 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I can’t claim geek either, but am married to one! We just found out that baby #2 is en route and I recently joined. Need to focus and not gain 60 pounds like last time. Looking for others to motivate to stay on a healthy course. I am 28 from Delaware, USA.
  • MyEvolvingJourney
    MyEvolvingJourney Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I'm not much into games. But I do love Doctor Who and some of the sci-fi/fantasy type shows. I'm still a Buffy fan!
  • Pandorabelle
    Options
    I've added everyone from this thread! :smiley:

As an update, I've added a few more pics to my journey and am always updating my bio/homepage. Feel free to have a look! :blush:
  • porcelanmermaid
    porcelanmermaid Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm Samantha from Michigan. Trying to lose around 70 pounds. Always looking for friends
  • Pandorabelle
    Options
    Awesome! Me too! :D I've added you.

Still looking for awesome & supportive friends! :smiley:
  • rasta_bb
    rasta_bb Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Rip as we're already friends, but I do have a twitch and nerd out over there half the time!
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,973 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Not so much into gaming but I do like the various Star Trek shows, Doctor Who (old and new), Red Dwarf, and I miss Babylon 5. I'm a science editor and space sciences enthusiast volunteering in space advocacy organizations.

And...I met my husband on goth.net. I'm in the USA and he moved here from the UK for me! He got me into shows such as Red Dwarf and The Mighty Boosh, and the Hammer horror films. My photo shows us at The Edwardian Ball (Edward meaning Edward Gorey) on our wedding anniversary.

Oh! I see on your profile that you live in Wales! My husband is Welsh.
  • Pandorabelle
    Options
    Awesome! Requested you. :smiley:

Still looking for fun, positive friends who want support while reaching their goals. :heart:
  • yasmine_ah
    yasmine_ah Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Always happy to meet and support my fellow geeks on this journey. I'm 27 and have about 40lb to lose still. Could really use some supportive and active friends.

I play a lot of WoW and some other pc games. Though I am a fan of arcade games as well. I also enjoy comics, harry potter, kpop, Sci-fi/fantasy, writing fanfiction, board games and anime. :)

Anyone can feel free to add me!
  • Pandorabelle
    Options
    Added you!

Just so you peeps know, you can feel free to add me first - there's no bar to pass for 'geek cred' or anything. I'm happy as long as people are fun, friendly & supportive. :heart:
  • Pandorabelle
    Options
    Bump! :star:
  • Pandorabelle
    Options
    Bump! :cookie:
  • jeffrey_ad
    jeffrey_ad Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. I’m trying to finish rereading Ready Player One before seeing the movie.
  • mteske806
    mteske806 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I’d love to be friends on here! I’m finally committing to doing this, and could absolutely use the positivity ( and am happy to support friends as well).