DIET PILLS ADVICE PLEASE

Options
PLEASE HELP: Okay, I I'm a little greedy but I never eat more than 2000c a day and I have reduced my booze and I exercise yet my weight barely changes. I also check my carb, sugar, fat and salt levels and they're fairly normal-ish but still I should be losing not yo-yo-ing between 69-72kg.

I'm at the end of my teather and want to try diet pills. I've researched Alli and as I'm lowering my fat I don't see the point but I have been swayed by metabolism boosters but obviously worried about side effects and turning into a moody cow. ANY advice anyone?

Replies

• rbarragato412
    rbarragato412 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is keep living a healthy lifestyle WITHOUT any pills to aid in weight loss. If there were a magic pill everyone else on this website would be taking it. I tried the rx version of alli in the past and lost LESS weight with that than I have by just diet and being active.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    My advice stay away from diet pills.
  • dailytammy
    dailytammy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    agreed no magic pills out there all clean healthy eating. Can you open your diary? maybe we can give you advice based on what your eating
  • HacheraTsarine
    HacheraTsarine Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    1. you will soon find out that most MFP people will tell you to steer away from any pill, cleanse, anything called "The ******* Diet".
    2. you said you never eat more than 2000 calories a day. What is your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)? This might be why your weight is barely changing....
    3. say no to drugs
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    No pill is going to do it. Eat at a defict for weight loss and exercise for fitness. If your weight has not changed, something needs to be adjusted, such as looking at numbers. Are you overestimating calories eaten and calories burned during exercise?
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    stay away from the pills. It ever, ever, ever ends well. Ever.
  • Lalasharni
    Lalasharni Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    stay away from the pills. It ever, ever, ever ends well. Ever.

Absolutely this.
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    personally I think 2000 cal a day is a lot. I am 67 kgs and would never eat that in a day. I've tried some diet pills once or twice in my life, most of them are dangerous and its sad but true, there is no easy, risk free or quick way to lose the weight.
    I think if you're feeling that desperate you do need some support, so if you can invest in a good personal trainer and /or nutritionist and do it that way.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Big No to diet pills of any kind. Been there done them gal here. Quick fix was all they were. Keep doing what you're doing, Open your diary if you feel you need help there.
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I would recommend you adjust your calorie goal. Two thousand cals is a pretty high number for a woman trying to lose, unless you're quite tall or overweight, or you do a LOT of exercise. Your profile doesn't say much, but you don't have that much to lose, so I doubt you're very overweight.

You'll have the best success if you weigh and measure everything you eat and drink. You can't eyeball or estimate. If you don't want to give up alcohol, you'll have to fit it into your daily goal. Otherwise, it will hinder your progress. Try Helloitsdan's "In Place of a Road Map" thread here and figure out your TDEE and macros, and eat that, and you'll lose. Good luck.
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options

Agree!

If there would have been any diet pill which was capable of miracles how come humanity gets fatter instead of skinnier? They don't work and there are many out there even dangerous!
  • rish89
    rish89 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Further to this question I want to ask if any body had any success using Raspberry Ketones?
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,303 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the Magic Pill? It works. I lost 200 lbs on it. You take one every morning and then you eat whatever you want, whenever, no macros required. It also gives you a pleasant breath for some reason. And I was amazed that it enhanced my performance in the bedroom.

If you send me some money, i can send you some. And for $10 more, I will include a bridge in Detroit, free of charge. Just pay shipping.
  • harehartley
    Options
    ive tried loads of diet pills they Do not work. i find healthy eating with little treats and some holland and barrett vitamins helps. its slow going at times and weight stays the same for a few weeks. but slowly and steady.
  • carollynch09
    Options
    As long as you're okay with greasy anal discharge, take Alli. And yes, I'm speaking from experience- unfortunately. Sorry if that's TMI. :noway:

agreed! I've also tried these pills. Exercise more and eat healthy and you WILL see results. There is no magic pill out there for weight loss. Otherwise, there would be no overweight ppl around.
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options

This, repeated:
    Stay away from diet pills.
  • Viva_Karina
    Viva_Karina Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m69ir75x8W1r79k32.gif
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    How old are you? How tall? How much do you weigh? How much do you hope to lose? Did you set up MFP with your information and job activity? Do you weigh and measure you food? Are you logging your intentional exercise and eating those calories back?

Edit to add:
    Diet pills tend to have side effects. When prescribed by a physician who understands weight loss you may lose but, without learning how to eat and how much to eat, the weight piles back on after you come off them. It would be best to work with your diet and fitness before even considering talking to a doctor about prescribing a diet pill.
  • Kbussepl
    Kbussepl Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Should definitely look into your macros, TDEE and RMR. You might need to lower your calorie intake. You should look into IIFYM.
  • safiaq
    safiaq Posts: 21
    Options
    Thank you - have no idea what macro's are and the other things you mentioned. Will Google but your insight would be most helpful ;-)