Double Belly anyone?

Options
13»

Replies

• daraalt
    daraalt Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i had this. when i lost weight the fat in the belly does go down and the double-ness will change shape.
  • Everyonelies
    Everyonelies Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Mine went from truly horrific to mildly unappealing. I've also said the top part went from truck tire to bicycle tire size. I started at 307 lb and haven't been lower than 160s (currently around 170 for several years) but I seriously think I'd still have the "B belly" shape even if I was at 140 or so. I've had it my entire life, since age 8 and maybe younger.

I think for some people if they were always thin, gained a lot of weight and then lost it, it might be more likely for that to totally diminish. Not sure.

I agree with the shape of skater dresses, higher waisted jeans, etc, being very flattering. I also find that at my current size it is best for me to wear tops that come right below the waist and/or top of hip, for my belly area it seems tunics leave too much to the imagination and are the opposite of flattering. I have very wide hips & the B isn't too noticeable unless a top or dress is skintight - so it's pretty balanced IN clothing but you will never catch me in a two piece swimsuit.

WOW!! 307 to 170! That is amazing, congrats!! My goal weight is between 140-160...but have a good 50-70 to go!

Well, I am ok with some of it still being there, I mean, I can't expect to have a flat tummy now when I have never had one before...and I already have a lot of stretch marks, so probably wont be doing a 2-piece either...but am glad to know that it does become less noticeable... my problem is also that currently, my belly is bigger than my hips, so I am oddly shaped lol

If I am facing forward, it looks like I have a donut in front for a belly, towards the bottom of my belly, you can see where my hips kind of dip in, as well as on top by my waist, then sideways you can see the double belly... I can't explain it(and I dont have any pictures)!

Thank you!

I saw your photos and yep, VERY similar to my belly shape in progress. While I got smaller overall the lower part went almost flat (skin a little saggy, but really no bulge now) and the top part is there, and same shape, just smaller and flatter than before. Definitely what I think of when picturing a "B belly". It sounds like you are making amazing progress!

thank you! :)
  • Everyonelies
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    It's due to high body fat and poor posture.

Before, During, and After (around 2014)
    LS4umkh.jpg

At my heighest weight i was still not "fat" and i just couldn't understand why i had this pink line above my stomach and anytime i sat down it looked like this:
    image_zpsg3wszdoj.jpeg

I was in the healthy BMI range, i looked good in clothes, etc. etc. etc.

It took me losing an additional 15 pounds from my initial goal weight to fix this problem. Sorry if it's hard to see in my first photos but there was always a pronounced red line.

So can it be removed? Yes! You just need to lose more fat than you probably think.

My stomach as of last year (i'm focusing on growing my delts right now so bear with the higher bodyfat):
    tKT7czf.jpg

Seem, the line you see above your belly in the before picture (white bra)...I have that, but it actually runs right across my belly button and it's deep! I'd be fine if it looked like yours, even at your "worse"... maybe the way I explain it isnt...correct?

Nope, we both have similar fat deposit patterns i think, you just happen to have more body fat right now. :)

As you lose weight overall and work on posture you'll notice that everything will even out. Keep at it!

The girls are on a larger scale, so I do a lot of hunching...definitely need to work on my posture. Thanks!
  • fabulousmomofone
    fabulousmomofone Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My belly is the exact same way. It smooths out when I wear Spanx, which isn't everyday. My doctor told me I needed to lose weight
  • Everyonelies
    Options
    daraalt wrote: »
    i had this. when i lost weight the fat in the belly does go down and the double-ness will change shape.

Motivation!