Snow

Options
marissafit06
marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
Anyone else on the East coast and sick of the snow and the snow days?

Replies

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Me. More snow today grrr.
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    We're getting the snow but up in Canada there hasn't been any snow days. Just snow.
  • marissafit06
    Options
    These kids are driving me crazy. I’m Canadian, in New England now, and snow days for this kind of weather make no sense.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I'm on the East Coast. It's spring here, basically. It will be in the 60's and 70's F this week (15's and 20's C).

Yes, I'm bragging about the weather before it turns hot because they make fun of us when it snows.
  • marissafit06
    Options
    East coast like NC?
  • cee134
    Options
    East coast like NC?

Yes, the south east.
  • marissafit06
    Options
    Which means likely proximity to beaches where the water is actually warm in addition to an early spring. Jealous
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I would love some snow. We don't get a ton of snow in Albuquerque, but we usually get at least a couple of good dumps every winter and the mountains usually get a ton...very bad this year...Sandia Ski only has an 18" base and we haven't had so much as a single flake fall in town. It's also been stupid warm this whole winter...like hitting 60s in January when we're usually about a high of 34.

I love getting a little snow, but really I'm worried about this summer and forest fires due to lack of moisture.
  • marissafit06
    Options
    Summer forest fires is a legitimate concern. We haven’t really gotten any bad weather out in Boston this year. These back to back storms are annoying and we had some flooding, but otherwise nothing like what the west coast has been dealing with. I shouldn’t complain, but 60 sounds awesome right now.
  • ColoradoBringItOn
    ColoradoBringItOn Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    We are in Colorado at 9000 feet and we already are having a wild fire threat because we've had a foot of snow all winter. It's the driest season it's been in years. It's scary.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I'm in Montana and we've had snow on the ground since October(about 2 feet settled right now), anywhere from 150-185% of normal, so I guess I'm kind of over it.
  • cee134
    Options
    Which means likely proximity to beaches where the water is actually warm in addition to an early spring. Jealous

It doesn't hurt. However, it's not quite that warm yet.
  • DreamAmalfi
    DreamAmalfi Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I do not miss the snow. That is all.