Am I Sick or Just Fatigued? Need some insight

Options
genchiyu
genchiyu Posts: 244 Member
edited March 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
This happened over night, last night. I had night sweats and right when I woke up, my body was sweating like crazy. My throat and nose felt hot, and all this yellow mucous built up. Sorry if its TMI. 7 hours later, I'm feeling fatigued, my muscles are aching, and my body feels cold but then it gets hot all of a sudden. I have this headache and my eyes are feeling heavy.
What do all of this mean? I'm thinking either I have the flu, or I'm not eating well enough, or not drinking enough water?
The night before, I went to the gym as usual, and it was shorter than usual. I stayed there for an hour and did strength training. I missed out on the sauna because I didn't feel like staying any longer and just wanted to go home. I think I ate regularly.

Replies

• genchiyu
    genchiyu Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Well you described all the typical symptoms of a flu but you didn't say anything about what you normally eat or drink...

I usually take in my vitamins, protein shake, and I made this smoothie with veggies and fruits in it.. I already got sick a few weeks ago and I'm surprised I got sick again
  • FlyingMolly
    FlyingMolly Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Those are all symptoms of illness, and it doesn’t sound at all like the onset of malnutrition or over-exercising or anything. Is there some reason you seem concerned about those things? It’s been a nasty flu season; getting sick twice isn’t really unheard-of. Are you getting enough vitamin C?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    You sure sound sick to me - did you go to the doctor last time you were sick?
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,633 Member
    Options
    A bit concerned about "i think i ate regularly". And then a vague description of a smoothie.

I don't know if you're tracking your food or not, or how much you're eating; but, it sounds as if a trip to the doctor together with a log of what you've been eating may be in order?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    What are your stats and how many calories do you eat per day?
  • andreaen
    andreaen Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    To me this sounds clearly like a cold/flu and not just fatigue. Give it a few days, eat if you feel like it but don't force feed an make sure to drink enough water and maybe get some salt if you find you drink more than normal.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the flu to me.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Sounds like flu, but I have to question why you throw in "I'm not eating well enough, or not drinking enough water" as a possible reasons why you have these symptoms.

Did you check your temperature? Fever undoubtedly means a trip to the doctor, if you are not eating and drinking enough you need to, particularly to help you fight off flu or infection.
  • donnapal79
    donnapal79 Posts: 30 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Yellow or green mucus signals an infection. You're sick.
    Or you have allergies and the pollen is so thick where you are that it's coloring your mucus. This is unlikely if you're not spending a lot of time outdoors. My main allergy complaints are headache and fatigue.
  • 1985mattie
    1985mattie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    When I’ve suffered from fatigue my symptoms have been feeling faint and lightheaded, confused, difficulty speaking and raising my arms. Quite different from what you mentioned which sounds like flu- goto the doctor and take it easy