Pole Fitness

Options
becomingbeautifultoday
becomingbeautifultoday Posts: 131 Member
edited March 2018 in Fitness and Exercise
Anyone out there tried Pole Fitness? I had my first class last night! It was heaps of fun, but now I'm pretty bruised up!

Replies

• Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I've been poling for over six years now and will be doing my first competition in June. I absolutely love it!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I took some classes a while back. It was fun! It shouldn't be your whole workout, though. You need weights and cardio too.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Options
    One of the interesting things about pole fitness (for me) is that it encourages me to do other workouts. Want that Iron-X? Better work that core some more! Want to do a four minute performance? Better increase your endurance! I now lift weights and do cardio to improve my performance on the pole.
  • dancingoracle
    dancingoracle Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    One of the interesting things about pole fitness (for me) is that it encourages me to do other workouts. Want that Iron-X? Better work that core some more! Want to do a four minute performance? Better increase your endurance! I now lift weights and do cardio to improve my performance on the pole.

I second this! I do aerial work (trapeze and silks) and if it wasn't for that, I wouldn't be as motivated to hit the gym in order to get stronger and gain more endurance. Gotta love side effects like that!
  • becomingbeautifultoday
    Options
    Thanks guys!!

I'm so excited about it! My first class was super clumsy haha but I'm sure I'll get better with more practice!

And I agree about extra gym motivation! I already hit the gym most days, but after my first class I was like, "I NEED MORE UPPER BODY STRENGTH!!"
  • Mouse_Potato
    Options

I second this! I do aerial work (trapeze and silks) and if it wasn't for that, I wouldn't be as motivated to hit the gym in order to get stronger and gain more endurance. Gotta love side effects like that!

I haven't tried trapeze (yet), but I did aerial silks for a few years and holy crap that requires some upper body strength! Unfortunately, I had to take a break as it was really hard on my joints, so I'm just focused on pole for now. It's funny how aesthetics are one thing, but my desire to have a twisted grip deadlift is what really gets my booty under the bar! :lol:

OP, you will get the hang of it! I remember a few things from my first class that make me laugh now. The instructor had us do three pushups and I thought I was going to die! Now my instructor has us do handstand pushups against the pole. The first time I grabbed the pole and lifted my feet off the ground, I pulled both biceps and was in pain for days! Now I climb and lift my booty over my head like it's nothing.

Oh, and the bruising. That's a way of life now. My boyfriend only asks that I don't do elbow grips in the summer. Wait until long-sleeve season! :lol:
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I love pole fitness! It's a great total body workout!