I dont get it....

Options
This past week I kicked my butt exercised every single day except Sunday and I even ate right too! Well then I hurt my back, when to the doctor and found out I pulled some muscles in my back and I'm also have to have my gallbladder checked out! Maybe too much info but I also had a urinary tract infection on top of for the past two weeks I havent been able to use the bathroom. I have been staying under my calories this week but today when I weighed I have gained 5lbs from Sunday! This just sucks!!!!!

Replies

• foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Not being able to use the bathroom could be the reason.
  • Owen87
    Owen87 Posts: 3
    Options
    Don't stress too much about 5 lbs, that could easily just be water weight. I wouldn't worry too much about what your scale says either, focus more on how you look in the mirror. If you're eating right and exercising there's a chance you could be shedding fat while building muscle mass, which can happen when people start seriously working out after a period of being inactive.

Just make sure you're eating ENOUGH to lose weight - the calorie goal this website gives you is what you should aim for to lose weight healthily - as in, lose fat and keep muscle mass. If you're eating at a huge calorie deficit, your body is going to go into starvation mode and hold onto fat. So make sure you're keeping your protein levels up so you don't lose any precious muscle mass (eat chicken, turkey, eggs, whatever) be sure you're not starving yourself.

Good luck!
  • abeare
    abeare Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Definitely water retention! Make sure to drink all your water and then some if you can!
  • sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    Options
    I had a bad UTI problem when I was younger.... I would consistently drink less and less water to avoid going to the bathroom and I know it led me to retain everything I DID drink when I did... I am sure it is waterweight. Just keep up the good work and drink lots of water to flush it out when your symptoms lift!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Yup, water retention! Don't sweat what the scale says until all your health issues are cleared up! Keep doing what your doing and trust that you will see results when you are healthy again!