Need recommendations for a good fitness watch

Options
2»

Replies

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I wear a Swatch which is waterproof. It's fine for counting intervals on the elliptical and I can wear it in the shower too.
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Garmin!
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    OldAssDude wrote: »
    Susieq2466 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for your input . I am looking to go hard or go home at the gym , but I want it to sync with MFP to count my steps etc. Any other feature is a bonus. My friends don’t do any competition with steps etc so that is not a concern for me . They have apple or Fitbit trackers.

If you want to go hard or go home, check out the Garmin fenix 5 series devices.

They are pricey but you get what you pay for. They have all the standard fitness features plus very advanced features as well.

If you want to get serious with your fitness, it would be a device that you will not out grow.

Or the Garmin 935, which has all the features of the Fenix 5 (same internals) but a polymer case - and is considerably less expensive.

I've got a 3HR and bought it because it was less expensive by ~$400, hardier than the 935 and all but the most expensive 5 and did everything I needed. Only thing it doesn't do is mapping (vs 5x) and link to the run dynamics pod.

But it's as big as the 5x or 935 so may be a bit big for a lady (it looks funny on my wife's wrist). My wife has my old Vivoactive HR.
  • Azercord
    Azercord Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Also what hasn't been said outright but has been implied. Go to the store and try them on first. I have a Fenix 5, it looks funny on my wife's wrist. She wears a Fitbit, cheaper, smaller, and fits her needs (also going on 3 years of service despite Fitbit's usual M.O.).