Chicken....

shazland
shazland Posts: 63 Member
I'm facing another night of chicken breasts. Has anyone got any ideas of what to do with them (healthy low cal of course) Thanks all!

Replies

• shazland
    Not really. Chicken breast is chicken breast. Are you purposefully eating boring food choices, or are you stuck with nothing else to eat?

Lol! I just have no imagination
  • shazland
    Have you got any other suggestions?
  • colors_fade
    colors_fade Posts: 464 Member
    Dice up and cook slowly with some taco seasoning. Will be useful all week.

I make burritos with my chicken breast all the time. Beats eating them plain. A tortilla shell will run you 160 calories. Throw in some lettuce, tomato, whatever veg you prefer. A little sour cream if you have the calorie room. Mine usually come in around 450 calories for a 4 oz. chicken breast burrito with an ounce of sour cream.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    shazland wrote: »
    Not really. Chicken breast is chicken breast. Are you purposefully eating boring food choices, or are you stuck with nothing else to eat?

Lol! I just have no imagination
    Some of my dinners this, previous and next weeks: Salmon, rice, green beans. Roast beef, mashed potatoes, oven roasted brussel sprouts. Pork chop, barley, peas. Chili with lamb mince, squash, peppers, canned tomatoes, beans. Risott with mushrooms and celery and edamame, and parmesan. Pasta shells with ricotta and peas. Ground beef, bulgur, olives, onion, with tzatziki (Greek yogurt and cucumber). Fry up sausages, potatoes, onions, and egg - baked beans on the side. Lasagna. Mackerel, potatoes, bechamel sauce, cucumber salad.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    I like making marinades for chicken breast. This one is a particular favourite: https://www.momontimeout.com/the-best-chicken-marinade-recipe/
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Stir fries, anything tex-mex, arroz con poyo, sandwiches, pot pie, stew, soup, etc.

Chicken is the blank canvas of the food world. Do whatever you want with it.
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    Try some Marinades! I marinade my chicken to death to give it some flavor. I even switch up different parts of the chicken to vary my diet.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Butter chicken is my default when I'm sick of chicken. Butter chicken makes everything better.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Soup, stew, curry
    Sandwich
    Salad ingredient
    Tacos, nachos, fajitas, etc
    Use for pizza topping
    Stir fry
    Casserole
    Add to pasta or zoodles
    Plain grilled or baked
    With things like salsa, bbq sauce, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, garlic, herbs, spices

There are thousands of chicken recipes on any recipe site. Look at pinterest.
    https://www.allrecipes.com/recipes/659/meat-and-poultry/chicken/chicken-breasts/
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    I switched to chicken quarters/thighs, lol. I'm so sick of chicken breast.

They're best cubed, marinated, and grilled IMO, but it's not always convenient in the Summer, obviously. I like making sweet and sour chicken, chicken parm, and chicken cordon bleu but it's not exactly very low cal (I use egg then bread crumbs for the last two, and bake).

You can always cut them in small pieces and do a stir fry. I'm just pretty bad finding reasonably priced veggies or even spices for that.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member

I make burritos with my chicken breast all the time. Beats eating them plain. A tortilla shell will run you 160 calories. Throw in some lettuce, tomato, whatever veg you prefer. A little sour cream if you have the calorie room. Mine usually come in around 450 calories for a 4 oz. chicken breast burrito with an ounce of sour cream.

This is one of my family's favorites--shredded chicken tacos!
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    I don't use chicken breasts for anything anymore...I always substitute thighs. A few more calories, but SO much tastier.
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    Take the chicken and season with salt & pepper. Place on a piece of foil, brush a little ranch on the chicken, throw some pieces of broccoli (fresh or frozen) in with the chicken and a sprinkle of cheddar cheese. Fold up the foil to make a packet, bake at 350* for 25 minutes. It's delightful!

You can also drizzle the ranch over the chicken/broc/cheese before folding the packet, instead of brushing it on just the chicken.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    Usually some kind of marinade...grilled...with a side of some kind of vegetable and a starch or grain.

I eat a lot of other things besides chicken breast though...shrimp, cod, salmon, tuna, mahi-mahi, lean cuts of beef and pork, I like grilling burgers, etc. Dieting doesn't have to be boring.
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    shazland wrote: »
    I'm facing another night of chicken breasts. Has anyone got any ideas of what to do with them (healthy low cal of course) Thanks all!

Garlic salt, Pepper and Cajun seasoning is what I had on mine, then a side of sauteed cucumbers.
    or the same on top of some spaghetti squash with cheese.
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member

I made chicken tacos the other night, with low carb shells which are 120 cals per shell.
    So good and I can eat them for lunches for days.
  • brembimae
    brembimae Posts: 2 Member
    I used to run into the same problem. I just use different seasonings. I love the slap ya mama seasoning, the mccormicks montreal chicken and steak, or try marinading it.