Bulk help / is it possible to do both

Options
jschaaf1999
jschaaf1999 Posts: 11 Member
I've been bulking for a couple months and I've been working out for a little less than a year pretty routinely.. I have seen gains in the weights I can put up but haven't really notice any changes in my physique .. also is it at all possible to gain strength/ muscle while losing some body fat... thanks for your help

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Yea it's possible to gain muscle and lose fat by recomping. Strength gains can also happen due to muscle adaptation and aren't necessarily due to muscle gain. When you say you've been bulking, what is going on with the scale, are you gaining or maintaining?
  • jschaaf1999
    jschaaf1999 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Yea it's possible to gain muscle and lose fat by recomping. Strength gains can also happen due to muscle adaptation and aren't necessarily due to muscle gain. When you say you've been bulking, what is going on with the scale, are you gaining or maintaining?

I'm slowly moving up in weight and I'm eating roughly 3000 calories a day as the app recommends me to do
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »

I'm slowly moving up in weight and I'm eating roughly 3000 calories a day as the app recommends me to do

Physical changes can start off slow.. if you are gaining then keep going. Also make sure your lifting programming is adequate.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Strength gains are fairly easy at first. Even something like riding a bicycle will cause enough stress to drive adaptation of a squat initially.

Any physique changes are probably best to log via pictures. Depending on how carnivorous, how male, how old, and your programming is...change will vary.

Can you run a recomp and have sucess? Yes.

Would I recommend it? Usually no. I find in most cases it's more efficient running the bulk/cut cycle unless you are in need to lose a significant amount of fat. Then I would suggest just to cut weight with the proper amount of protien, leucine, and adequate resistance training.

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I've been bulking for a couple months and I've been working out for a little less than a year pretty routinely.. I have seen gains in the weights I can put up but haven't really notice any changes in my physique .. also is it at all possible to gain strength/ muscle while losing some body fat... thanks for your help

Being in a surplus to gain (3000 calories you mention) is not losing body fat, you actually gain more body fat along side muscle. What body fat percentage did you start at?

Take measurements and progress photos. Keep with the progressive overload and hoping you are following a structure lifting program designed to give you optimal results.