First Fativersary

aeloine
aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
edited March 2018 in Success Stories
TL;DR: 365 days, lost 46 lbs (266.5 => 221.4), many more to go.

Today is my fativersary. On March 14th of last year I weighed in at the highest I've ever been - 266.5. I had kept track of my weight on and off and bought a FitBit a couple of years ago but never really got serious.

This last year was different. A lot of people on here lose weight seemingly very quickly - they are determined and strong and lose 50, 60, 80, and even upwards of a 100 lbs a year but I decided to go slowly. 52 lbs in 52 weeks was the original goal, and I missed it by about 7 pounds. That's 7 weeks where I celebrated holidays, birthdays, anniversaries, or just had really cruddy days and are my feelings.

In retrospect, that's 7 weeks where I LIVED my life without giving up on my overall goals. The My Fitness Pal community helped me get back on track each and every time without judgement but with a whole lot of compassion and understanding. You guys rock and I really couldn't have done it without you!

I couldn't have "failed" without you, either. I was expecting to be SO down today because I didn't hit goal but all of you made me realize that the real prize here is weighing less than last year and still being here, on My Fitness Pal, on the forums, logging and chugging along.

I was already a couple of pounds down when I took the pictures on the left. I don't have a ton of them because I hated being photographed. The next 52 weeks are going to have a whole lot more pictures in them!

1hxsuyqvn94s.png
q1khdvg3sqid.jpg
fuk9e7je1ex9.jpg
84hs2fqbmczl.jpg
l4nh40w0hmt4.jpg

0hrhtccmqbxk.png
5zyditj0nb52.png
r7kd4wbw7w0c.png

w93hbaemfoxl.jpg

Replies

• emcclure013
    emcclure013 Posts: 231 Member
    You are doing such a phenomenal job! Well done sticking with it this far - you are an inspiration! (And I adore your style.... you have to tell me where you shop because that black dress in the 4th set of pictures is amazing and you look STUNNING in it).
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    @emcclure013 I bought it at a vintage shop in Austin for like $7..... then I busted ALL OF THE SEAMS last year, trying to get it on. I've literally hand sewn it back together because every single seam on the bust, waist, and arms broke.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    you look stunning! Can't wait to follow your journey!
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    <3 Well done! Your posting style is spot on too!
  • Vicham76
    Vicham76 Posts: 59 Member
    Congratulations! Where will you be in another years time!! Here for the long haul...
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Your progress is amazing! you definitely have the right attitude to hit your overall goal and to keep it off :) Keep us the amazing work!
  • Ghostofachance
    Ghostofachance Posts: 305 Member
    Congratulations on your first year! Here's to your success thus far and your future successes as well!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    So awesome! <3
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 139 Member
    GIRL you look great, congrats!!!!!!!!
  • amyteacake
    amyteacake Posts: 768 Member
    You look absolutely amazing! It's amazing how far you've come!
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Good work!! It matters more how you feel than how quickly you shed pounds if you cannot ever feel more powerful, more awesome, and more rewarded. Keep on keeping on! Every day the slate starts anew and whatever choices you made the day before hold no sway on what choices you will make on the dawn of a new day.
  • christys03
    christys03 Posts: 22,784 Member
    So amazing! Kudos to u on such success!
    Progress pics and posts like yours inspire folks who struggle...me included.
    Thank u.
    Keep truckin girl!
  • HDBKLM
    HDBKLM Posts: 466 Member
    You look outstanding, and to be honest I would have guessed you'd lost more than you say going off the pictures. I'm going to take a guess, knowing a little about your lifting routine, that you've actually lost more fat than you think and maybe been among the few who has successfully added a bit of muscle in the process. If I'm wrong who cares, your attitude is the main thing, and you are killing it there. I have no doubt you'll see major progress in the coming year.
  • akopesky
    akopesky Posts: 42 Member
    Awesome, great work. I have done the same this time around. Losing it slower this time. It's a great feeling & you are changing your lifestyle instead of quick fixes!
  • MelodiousMermaid
    MelodiousMermaid Posts: 380 Member
    Great job nailing your first year! I agree with @HDBKLM regarding what's been "lost" over the year for you.

Happy healthy-versary! You committed to a road that is making real lifestyle changes and progress in health. That is way better than a "Fativersary."
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Awesome job! I love your perspective on losing too.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!