2»

Replies

• NasiiM4
    NasiiM4 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    100_PROOF_ wrote: »
    NasiiM3 wrote: »
    fb47 wrote: »
    Lol, didn't even think it was possible. I mean being vegan is practically the opposite of keto unless your diet consists of eating avocado, olive oil and nuts(or almond butter) all day. As a lifter myself, that would be just a torturous diet, just lean protein alone would be a huge chore. I wish you good luck on that journey if you do take that path, because it isn't an easy diet

I’m just intrigued. Lol

Do you have a medical condition that warrants you to restrict your carb intake?
    If not, why keto or low carb? Do you believe that it's a superior way of losing weight?
    Weight loss comes from creating a calorie deficit. It makes no difference as far as weight loss is concerned which way of eating you pick.
    Calories in calories out.
    Keto and low carb are just another way of eating. Nothing special for most people. Don't believe the hype about it. You'll see a lot of evangelists preaching The word of keto with a lot of unsubstantiated claims about it. If you enjoy eating low carb or keto, go for it! But don't believe it's some magical diet.

How long have you been vegan? Are you vegan for ethical reasons? If so, that's cool. But as far as weight loss is concerned, it comes down to calories. Calories in calories out. ( See a theme here? All weight loss comes from creating a calorie deficit. No matter which diet you decide to do) being vegan doesn't automatically mean healthier. I haven't eaten meat in over 30 years myself so I'm certainly not against vegan or vegetarian diets. I'm just against misinformation. whichever diet you decide to do, is totally up to you. Just know that for weight loss it's not necessary. All you need to do is create a calorie deficit. Besides the fact is that being vegan doesn't automatically mean healthy and being keto definitely doesn't automatically mean healthy.

I am not doing a vegan keto diet. I already have issues with not eating enough. I was curious as to what people ate while vegan and keto. I have lost roughly 100lbs, I am still working towards my body goals. I have been on again off again from pescatarian to vegetarian to vegan for 13 years.
  • _KRB
    _KRB Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been eating tofu scramble in the morning, arugula with a protein burger for lunch, as a snack I eat follow your heart cheese and pumpkin seeds. Sometimes I skip dinner because I'm not hungry, but other times i'll have a small shake. I can't say that I hit 20g of carbs, most days I am around 30g but i'm okay with that. Hope this helps!
  • Amy8Lyn
    Amy8Lyn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    mlinci wrote: »
    Can someone please enlighten me by saying what a day of food might look like on vegan keto, as I don't even comprehend what it might be. Vegan protein powder mixed with vegetable oil?

I know this was posted a while ago but I will help you out! I'm vegan keto for health and ethical reasons and I've been happy, you just cant be lazy about planning our meal prep!

A day for me (keep in mind that I'm 5ft so my macros are less)

Coffee with MCT oil

Breakfast-Chia and flax pudding with ripple (warm)

Lunch-Tofu scramble with peppers, onions and vegan sausage

Snack 1-raspberries

Dinner-Zucchini noodles, tofu, mushrooms and red sauce

Snack 2- Nut Butter

I average between 28-38 net carbs a day and keep around a 5/20/75 split.

• eve2018eve
    eve2018eve Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm also vegan keto for ethical and health reasons.

My typical weekday is usually:

Breakfast
    Espresso with almond milk
    Satay tofu
    A delicious locally made cashew nut cheese

Lunch is one of:
    Tofu veggie curry or pasta sauce on zoodles or cauliflower rice
    Big salad with tofu, some sauce, and nuts
    Vegetables with avocado, vegan mayo, herbs, and spices
    Same as breakfast if i'm busy or feeling lazy

Dinner
    If i'm not too full to eat I have some miso soup
    If i'm hungry enough for a meal (which is rare) I have one of the lunch options

My macros are usually 65-70% fat / 20-25% protein / up to 10% carbs. I'm short so my macro and calorie requirements are low.

I prefer having 2-3 filling meals rather than snacking throughout the day.

I find this way of eating very satisfying and I'm never left hungry.
  • jlwoodfine
    jlwoodfine Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'd like to keep the "a day in the life of a Vegan Keto-er" going:
    I am not sure how the macros wouls play out to be under 20-30g of Carbs, but for me under 50g is a do-able target

Breakfast:
    Apple Cider Vinegar with Lemon and water
    with:
    Coconut cream with berries and roasted nuts
    or,
    Chia seed pudding made with Almond milk and berries

Lunch:
    Spinach and cherry tomatoes with homemade pesto over spaghetti squash or zucchini noodles

Dinner:
    Cauliflower rice with sauteed vegetables
    Garden greens salad with raw veggies and oil/vinegar dressing and mixed nuts

Snacks:
    Cucumber/Celery with homemade vegan ranch dip

Post workout:
    Vegan protein powder smoothie with Almond milk and almond butter

• SelenaMariaStewart
    SelenaMariaStewart Posts: 112 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I don’t adhere to vegan keto, but I am a vegan and I don’t eat breads, pastas, rice, or crackers. I try and keep all added sugars (white sugar, syrup, agave, etc) To a bare minimum and only really allow it in my tea creamer.