A chart helps me be patient

Options
Hi

I'm happy with a 1 lb/week rate of loss but like many others get impatient with fluctuations even when the trend is going the right way. This simple excel chart keeps me focused:

uow2ycb57wj6.png

I like that I can see that I'm ahead of schedule, so if the "actual" line goes flat for a week or two -- hell, even if it goes up at this point -- I can see I'm way ahead of where I had planned to be when I started at the beginning of the year. Without the "target" line there to remind me I'd be more upset about fluctuations.

Of course I know this without the chart. It just helps me to see it.

Replies

• toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Nice! I'm too lazy for that so I just use the Libra app to trend my progress. It's nice to see the big picture!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Some ppl like charts and graphs and numbers. Nothing wrong with that.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Trending is great but, honestly, I don't see any fluctuations. Everything is going down except a couple times you were the same 2 weeks in a row. I see no increases! You can draw a straight line from 232 on the first day to 208 on the last day and that's your overall trend. You're doing great!
  • Grammabear2
    Grammabear2 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Awesome chart and you have every right to be proud of that downward trend. Keep up the great work.
  • alicia163425
    alicia163425 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    @bikecheryl wow that is super impressive!!! I don’t see a single gain in there!! Amazing
  • bikecheryl
    bikecheryl Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    @bikecheryl wow that is super impressive!!! I don’t see a single gain in there!! Amazing
    Lol .... You missed the 3 lbs I gained at Christmas. I enjoyed the holidays but managed to get right back at it. I don’t think I’ve been this focused before.

• alicia163425
    alicia163425 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    bikecheryl wrote: »
    Lol .... You missed the 3 lbs I gained at Christmas. I enjoyed the holidays but managed to get right back at it. I don’t think I’ve been this focused before.

Just one gain?? That’s amazing! So were you constantly below your calorie goal or did you go over ever? What do you do for workouts?
  • bikecheryl
    bikecheryl Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I wasn’t constantly under but most of the time I was pretty close.

The first few months I used my DeskCycle everyday at work as my knees and back couldn’t take walking. Once the weather got nice I rode my bike and finally got back in my kayak.

Lol I pretty much had to capsize to get out of it but it’s a great upper body workout.

I have osteoarthritis in both knees, one really bad and am scheduled for a total knee replacement later this year. It wasn’t till last fall before I could actually go walking. I spent the winter walking outside, indoor rowing and cycling and recently some snowshoeing. I try to get 30-60 minutes of some sort of exercise every day.

As expected, these last few lbs are tough but that’s ok. I’m just going to keep on keeping on. Hopefully spring is just around the corner and my bike cabin move outside again.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    I'm a chart and spreadsheet person too. Helps me the same way.
  • Fitnessmom82
    Fitnessmom82 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I use the Libra app. It really does help to see it laid out! I stress way less when I can look at the overall picture rather than the day to day!