Keep going over sugar

I seem to go over sugar a bit each day with the fruit I eat , is this going to have a big effect on weight loss.

Replies

• andreaen
    andreaen Posts: 365 Member
    Sugar actually isn't as bad as its reputation says :) Look for "Layne Norton on sugar" on youtube and watch his video to soothe your mind :)
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    No, it shouldn't affect your weight loss.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    I seem to go over sugar a bit each day with the fruit I eat , is this going to have a big effect on weight loss.

It will have an effect on your weight loss if you're eating enough of it to be in a caloric surplus. Calories are what matter for weight loss, not carbs/sugar.
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited March 2018
    Calories is king, sugar is only evil to the anti carbs folks who demonize it to promote their keto diet book. Not saying you should go have an entire diet with sugary food, what I am saying is as long as you don't go over your calories, you eat enough foods with fiber and micronutrients (which includes eating fruits) and all your bases are covered....if there is still room for more food...adding sugary stuff whether it's chocolate milk or pop tarts, you'll be fine.
  • candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member

I'd like to over your caloric activity.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    As long as you watch your total calorie intake you will be fine.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    psychod787 wrote: »

Right?

bottom line: focus on health & nutrition

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,099 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    psychod787 wrote: »

Right?

bottom line: focus on health & nutrition

I agree. It was just a really good example of Cico. I bet the guy was hungry all the time. Also, just letting the lady know, that she can have sugar and still lose.
  • ANDY_KNIGHT
    ANDY_KNIGHT Posts: 5 Member
    new to MyFitnessPal any motivation would help in this journey looking to make friends for motivation
  • Jenniferakajacel311
    Jenniferakajacel311 Posts: 160 Member
    Natural sugars from fruit is not a concern; its the added sugars in our foods that we need to watch. I usually subtract my natural sugars from whole foods (carrots, potatoes, bananas, etc) from my total sugar intake.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,733 Member
    I went over the MFP sugar default every single day while losing 50+ pounds, even when the only added sugar I ate was a tiny bit of concentrated fruit juice well down the ingredient list in my single daily 30-calorie tablespoon of all fruit spread.

My solution? Customize my MFP diary to track fiber instead of sugar. As long as you're not diabetic, it's a good solution. ;)