Powerlifting belts for petite women!

Options
I’m struggling to get a powerlifting belt which fits - both around my waist and between my ribs and hip bones. I’m 5 feet 3 inches and have a 26 inch waist. Ideally I want a lever belt as I’m using a two-pronged crossfit style tapered belt at the moment which is really annoying to get off and isn’t IPF legal (not competing yet but hope to). Any recommendations / ideas?? Thanks!

Replies

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Best belt or Pioneer are the better custom made ones. I prefer the price of the stock single prong Best. They are both extreme high quality, prebroken in.

SBD has a lever that is adjustable on fly that is pretty decent but isn't quite top shelf but close.

Inzer has a decent lever belt, though they don't make their belts out of the same high quality material as the others and it really never breaks in entirely because of the material sandwiched in between the two layers of felt leather. It also takes a few minutes to adjust if you prefer different tigjtnesses for different lifts. Inzer also has sub par customer service compared to the others.

I would hazard at some of the others companies who claim IPF approved as they fall out of specs in some areas if it were to be checked within specs.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    you can always drill extra holes to get it to fit. But the petite girls i know find that its too wide for their comfort, and i'm not sure how to get around that. What companies are you looking at belts with? inzer makes a x-small lever that's supposed to go down to 22-25 inch waist, and their small is 26-29.
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Sorry I should have said I’m in the UK. Best Belts look great but I’d hate to pay shipping to the UK! I have just bought an unbranded 4 inch belt, but once I put the extra holes in to make it fit, it’s ended up double thickness half way around (so 20mm support!). And I suspect it won’t work that well anyway as it wraps around my ribs, so stopping me bracing my abs.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Id have to go with inzer for a lever belt. I've had mine for a year now with no signs of wear or tear.

I went with a 10mm
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Try these, UK based

https://gunsmithfitness.com/
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Is the problem your waist size or the space between your ribs and hip?
  • claireychn074
    Options
    It’s kind of both. My tapered belt fits under my ribs but I want to move to a powerlifting belt; I’m not adverse to getting a good quality one but it’s an expensive move if I find it won’t fit (and I’m guessing I’d have to use it a few times before knowing if it was right so it won’t be returnable). Debated getting a 4 inch one cut down a bit but that would harm the structural integrity. So just thought I’d see if anyone had ideas! Will defo check the links posted so far, so thanks :)
  • Okiludy
    Okiludy Posts: 558 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    https://titansupport.com/product/omega-reversible-suede-lever-bench-belt-2/

Here is a 2"-10mm lever that is IPF legal.

I have a 4" 10mm single prong from them and I really like it. I didn't need to break it in and have used it for about 8 months. The only wear it shows it a ton of chalk on it. Guess I should clean it at some point.

Edit: the non-reversible version is cheaper and smallest size is 26" but that should be the middle hole with 5 holes on both sides. I got mine when I had a 45" waist and it still works with a 39".
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I have an Inzer Forever tapered single prong. I have an XS (5'3, 27 inch waist). It fits just fine btwn my rib cage hips (it is snug). I've had a couple other small ppl try it on...one lady (shorter than me) felt like fit over her rib cage; another lady felt like it was "too tight."
  • claireychn074
    Options
    Thanks, some great recommendations here!
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    I am only 4’11” and have a single prong 4 inch belt without a taper that I think was a medium. I still am a little overweight for my height. The belt is fine though can give a bit of bruising at times. Might consider a 3 inch next time.
  • claireychn074
    Options
    2oziupuqkxb3.jpeg

I went for a 2 inch Titan belt in the end. Just arrived, looks brilliant quality and already flexible (much better quality than the cheaper ones I looked at). Will try it tomorrow and see how I get on! Thanks everyone for your advice, appreciate it
  • claireychn074
    Options
    Okay, you guys came up trumps when I needed recommendations on powerlifting belts: I need recommendations for Olympic belts now! I need a single prong oly belt, leather but soft. I would consider getting one made but I’m in the UK so they’d need to ship. All you Olympic lifters out there - what are you using and do you rate it?

Ps the Titan Omega lever belt is brilliant!
  • watts6151
    Options
    Give Gunsmith fitness a try
    UK based belt company
    Custom belts
  • claireychn074
    Options
    @watts6151 thanks I had hoped to order from them, but they’ve gone quiet on me and haven’t responded to my emails over the last three weeks - even offering to give them money lol! Wasn’t sure if they can’t help me or if the company is overwhelmed. So thought I had better look elsewhere.
  • watts6151
    Options
    Pullum sports UK
    They do a range of belts including the
    Eleiko belts
  • StargazerB
    StargazerB Posts: 425 Member
    Options

2oziupuqkxb3.jpeg

I went for a 2 inch Titan belt in the end. Just arrived, looks brilliant quality and already flexible (much better quality than the cheaper ones I looked at). Will try it tomorrow and see how I get on! Thanks everyone for your advice, appreciate it

Do you like this belt? Where did you end up getting it?
  • claireychn074
    Options
    @MommyLifts3 yes I love it for powerlifting. It’s not for everyone as it’s only 2inches wide but I’m small and it’s perfect for me. Really helps me to brace but it doesn’t bruise me. It’s a titan belt, so Pullum Sports stock it in the UK, or you can order from the US site depending on where you are. It’s also IPF legal.
  • StargazerB
    StargazerB Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    @MommyLifts3 yes I love it for powerlifting. It’s not for everyone as it’s only 2inches wide but I’m small and it’s perfect for me. Really helps me to brace but it doesn’t bruise me. It’s a titan belt, so Pullum Sports stock it in the UK, or you can order from the US site depending on where you are. It’s also IPF legal.

Thanks! I'm also petite. I'm 5'2" and short waisted so trying to find a belt that fits has been hard.
  • claireychn074
    Options
    Exactly the same here! I’m 5’3 with not much room between my ribs and hips so traditional 4 inch belts hurt and just didn’t work. This one isn’t cheap but it will last, and it arrives already broken in. I really do love it! Just need to get the oly equivalent now.