Please Help! I am not having a healthy relationship with food. How to stop

Options
Hello everyone. I post here frequently about my struggles with food. So far I have lost 34 pounds and hoping to be down by 36 pounds at the start of next week. However, I am a teacher and we are out this week for spring break. Being that I am out for a week, it is hard for me to stay on track with eating the right amount of calories. I feel so guilty when I have a meal I do not suppose to have. For instance, tonight I decided to cook tacos and have just two because I have been craving for something crunchy. I am so scared to eat this meal. For lunch, I ate a footlong sub. I then feel that I am on spring break so I should chill and pick back up next week. Just maintain exercising and eating within calorie range.

I guess I am afraid of what food can do to the body. I am still over 300 pounds(306) I started at 340.

Replies

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Hello everyone. I post here frequently about my struggles with food. So far I have lost 34 pounds and hoping to be down by 36 pounds at the start of next week. However, I am a teacher and we are out this week for spring break. Being that I am out for a week, it is hard for me to stay on track with eating the right amount of calories. I feel so guilty when I have a meal I do not suppose to have. For instance, tonight I decided to cook tacos and have just two because I have been craving for something crunchy. I am so scared to eat this meal. For lunch, I ate a footlong sub. I then feel that I am on spring break so I should chill and pick back up next week. Just maintain exercising and eating within calorie range.

I guess I am afraid of what food can do to the body. I am still over 300 pounds(306) I started at 340.

I went through the phase of what you have been through. You just have to make a decision, what so you want? I follow a flexible dietary lifestyle. You can have something "crunchy" and the foot long. You just need to prioritize what else you eat as far as your overall calorie/macro goal. I lost a lot of weight being super restrictive. I could have lost the weight being flexible. It is in the end CICO. if you are looking for a "magic" diet, they just do not exist. Food is not the enemy. We are. Track your calories and make trade offs. Want a poptart? Well have it. Just have something less calorie dense later.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    My only suggestion is to pre log everything you are going to eat for the day in the morning. That way you know what you can have and if you want to splurge a little then you'll know how many calories you'll need to burn in order to keep yourself at a deficit. There is always going to be some excuse as to why you went off the wagon, don't let spring break be one for you. B/c summer break is coming up and that's a lot more excuses too.
    You got this!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I think everyone has a harder time when they are off work. I know I do.

Eating at your maintenance calories for the week is a good idea.