Don’t eat the cake!

Options
I have been doing so good and eating right! Tonight I ate a huge piece of German chocolate cake. Why?! Ugh I feel so guilty now and on top of that I feel like I’m going to barf. Why did I give in to the stupid craving??? :'(:'(

Replies

• SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »
    Because your human.....: /

This. Don't feel guilty, it's pointless.

Maybe think about why you "gave in", and what you can do about it next time you feel like doing so. Are you restricting yourself so much that you have no room for so-called "junk" or "unhealthy" food? There's nothing wrong with a treat like a reasonable portion of cake now and again, and denying yourself things you enjoy tends to lead to overeating them eventually.
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I have been doing so good and eating right! Tonight I ate a huge piece of German chocolate cake. Why?! Ugh I feel so guilty now and on top of that I feel like I’m going to barf. Why did I give in to the stupid craving??? :'(:'(

Own it and log it. Moving forward, add a little extra movement to help balance it out.
    We've all been there, don't beat yourself up! FWIW, I would've had that cake if it was nearby! ;)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Relationship with food is why so many people fail. If you deem something evil, you'll never learn how to eat in moderation. And guess what? The MAJORITY of people around the world who are within a normal body weight eat WHAT THEY LIKE to. They just don't gorge on it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • helene4
    helene4 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    It's not you
    Our food system is broken
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I don't feel guilty for my last couple days binge, topped off with taco bell and a dozen cinnabon delights. Not guilty, but definitely nauseaus and headachy. So not my best idea :s
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Why? Because you like it? If you ate more than intended, it's probably because you have ideas like eating is about about doing good and eating right, about good food and bad food, and food guilt.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    You only feel guilty because you've associated negative connotations to the chocolate cake, and whatever other food you've been avoiding in your attempt to "eat right".

There is nothing wrong with eating chocolate cake. Feeling guilty about eating food is not healthy...
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Log it. Own it.

No reason to beat yourself up over it.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options

All or nothing mentality is going to get you exactly nowhere. Nobody is 100% "on" all of the time and it's completely unrealistic to think you will be.

There's nothing wrong with some cake now and then...it's a piece of cake...move on. I'm having cake this weekend because it's my eldest's birthday...it's going to be delicious.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you don't feel well but keep it in perspective.
    You ate food. You did not kick a puppy or steal from your grandma.
    Feeling guilty over a piece of cake is not productive or necessary. You don't have to have a perfect diet every day to lose weight and be healthy. Log it, learn from it and move on.

You probably did not exceed your maintenance calories for the day or week with a piece of cake. You can eat a bit less or exercise more for a day or two if you did.
    Maybe a huge piece of cake is not as good as a smaller piece of cake. Try a smaller portion next time.
    Maybe a diet plan where you feel bad eating food you like is too restrictive. Eat more normally but just watch calories.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I managed to lose weight by incorporating desserts into my daily calorie goal. I just exercised more in order to have those treats. Sometimes it was a piece of pie or cake, sometimes just a couple small squares of chocolate. I am just not into deprivation! My life long goal is to stay within my a certain weight range. I've been able to do that without eliminating what some people call "bad" foods. Nothing to me is "bad." I've adjusted to eating smaller portions and stopping at one serving. No guilt!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Did you enjoy it? Move on. Each meal, each day is a challenge and a new beginning.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    :'( Germans Chocolate Cake is my favorite. Mrs barfs at the sight or smell of coconut so I can never have it.