Love/hate relationship with Depo.

Options
It's great no periods and only have to take it every 3 months. However, it increases appetite and may make you retain water. I received my shot last week and weight loss is not happening and even up a bit. I know it's water weight but it still sucks. Every time I get the shot my hormones are out of whack for the first couple of weeks before everything goes back to normal. Anyone else dealt with this?

Replies

• Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I take depo as well. Gained a lot of weight. Just be patient and you'll even out. Keep tracking
  • DarianJP
    DarianJP Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I’ve been on the depo shot for about 5 years now. I love the no period part but I gained about 30 pounds the first year I was on it and I was super emotional. I’m well adjusted to it now and feel great emotionally and have lost all the weight plus some. There’s always pros and cons to everything I guess.
  • jefamer2017
    jefamer2017 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I increased my water intake last night and had a woosh. Lost 2lbs over night.
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Options
    I'm getting my shot today, so I'm curious to see if there will be any water retention
  • jefamer2017
    jefamer2017 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I'm getting my shot today, so I'm curious to see if there will be any water retention

More than likely. It definitely increases appetite. If you're mindful of what you eat you can over come the hunger after a few days to about 2 weeks.
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Options
    Controlling your appetite is always the hard part
  • NR81206
    NR81206 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I've been on depo for about a year now, I tend to hold onto a little bit of water weight (about .5-1# ) for about 3-4 days after my shot & then it levels out (or at least that's what it has been doing) I'm on day 3 today and so far I'm still up .8# today... Guess I'll find out tomorrow?!?!