Small Amount of Weight Loss Advice

Options
Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting but I wanted to ask for some advice. I've been using MFP for about a month and a half now and I have lost around 5 to 6 pounds. When I started I was 12 stone. I'm currently 11 stone 9.5 with my first target weight being 11 stone 3. For some context I'm 23, female and 5''8. I'm aware that in the grand scheme of things I don't have a massive amount to lose.

I've got my profile set to 1200 calories a day while using my ftibit to track my steps and exercise.

Would it be wise to lower my loss per week and have a slightly higher calories intake?

Thanks!

Replies

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting but I wanted to ask for some advice. I've been using MFP for about a month and a half now and I have lost around 5 to 6 pounds. When I started I was 12 stone. I'm currently 11 stone 9.5 with my first target weight being 11 stone 3. For some context I'm 23, female and 5''8. I'm aware that in the grand scheme of things I don't have a massive amount to lose.

I've got my profile set to 1200 calories a day while using my ftibit to track my steps and exercise.

Would it be wise to lower my loss per week and have a slightly higher calories intake?

Thanks!

Probably. 1200 is the bare minimum calories for a female (1500 for a male) so if you are hitting that limit, you probably are being too aggressive on the weight loss. You have very little to lose so, I think you should be aiming for .5 - 1 lb per month week.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Thanks!

Probably. 1200 is the bare minimum calories for a female (1500 for a male) so if you are hitting that limit, you probably are being too aggressive on the weight loss. You have very little to lose so, I think you should be aiming for .5 - 1 lb per month.

@Tacklewasher did you mean per week?
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    aeloine wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Thanks!

Probably. 1200 is the bare minimum calories for a female (1500 for a male) so if you are hitting that limit, you probably are being too aggressive on the weight loss. You have very little to lose so, I think you should be aiming for .5 - 1 lb per month.

@Tacklewasher did you mean per week?

Yup.

Fixed.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Yes, lower your weekly loss to 0.5-1lb per week.
  • tonilaporta
    tonilaporta Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies everyone! Yeah i think i'm going to do that and try and go to the gym more to try and aid the process.

I'll see how it goes :)

Thank for you advice!
  • tonilaporta
    tonilaporta Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Just updated my fitness profile and it's allotted me 1670 calories a day. I feel so spoilt ahaha.

I'll try this for a week or two and see how it goes :smile: