Oatmeal???

Options
Mikkimeow
Mikkimeow Posts: 139 Member
You ever just eat something and enjoy it, for like no reason? Like you weren't even prepared for how good it was going to be??? I am a savory breakfast person, but ran out of my turkey sausage and hashbrown meal prep. I had to grab something from the cafeteria at work, and I had the best oatmeal!!! Just some normal steel cut oats with water. I added three tablespoons of half and half, some walnuts/almonds/granola and dried cranberries, a teaspoon of brown sugar. It was so good, this oatmeal made me an oatmeal person. Like my entire Friday is better off for having this oatmeal, and now I am googling meal prep breakfast oatmeal. Who knew that adding stuff to oats made it delicious. (Also had some cottage cheese & and egg)

6aq5m3k4s3w6.jpg

Also, what's everyone eating lately??? Anything good that I am missing out on?

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal like that. YUM.

I actually make proats (protein oatmeal). Mix almond milk and protein powder of choice, add to oatmeal and microwave, then add fruit of choice. Chocolate strawberry is yummy, so is cinnamon blueberry. Flavor possibilities are endless.
  • Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I love putting peanut butter in my oatmeal with some fruit, usually blueberries. That macro split keep me full for hours!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,020 Member
    Options
    My morning starts with oatmeal with milk, butter, flax meal, homemade apple sauce, walnuts and blueberries. It's delicious.

Side of meat and egg with mine, too. :)
  • talpaengi
    talpaengi Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I usually have pretty plain oatmeal -- with a dash of cinnamon and some raw walnuts -- but I also enjoy throwing some finely grated parmesan in! You can cook it with stock instead of water too.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I love putting peanut butter in my oatmeal with some fruit, usually blueberries. That macro split keep me full for hours!

I love steel cut oats ALL kinds of ways but when it comes to regular oatmeal I love it only with pb & j. Fresh fruit would probably be good too (and healthier!) but a tbsp. of PB and tsp or so, of strawberry jam....yummy.

• ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal has become a go to dessert for me. I've already logged it for tonight. I just do the flavored quick oats in the little packages. I've never like that stuff in my life. Now I'm finding I want it multiple time a week after dinner.
  • bnovak226
    bnovak226 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I like oatmeal but I’ve been on a cream of wheat kick lately
  • Pastaprincess1978
    Pastaprincess1978 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal (also called rolled oats where I come from!) - but the kilojoule content really surprised me :) . I guess you I only eat 50g max per serve though...and it fills me up for longer than yoghurt or fruit.