Stupidity
  • traynortransportation
    Options
    People who pass me then slow down.
  • dwrightlaw
    dwrightlaw Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    SabAteNine wrote: »
    People who are unable to make decisions. They shorten my lifespan. Seriously - look, listen, think, ask for my opinion if you want, but then pick SOMETHING all by yourself... and own up to it. This is especially frustrating at work.

Everything else pales in comparison... Yep, even the personal space invaders!

Amen sister!
  • aubs1102
    aubs1102 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My pet peeves are uneven numbers, chapped lips, bad hygiene, incorrect grammar, slow drivers, germs, cocky or rude people, when people yell at their pets, when people cut me off while I'm talking, oh and chewing sounds don't bother me except for my best friend's for some reason lol.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    aubs1102 wrote: »
    My pet peeves are uneven numbers, chapped lips, bad hygiene, incorrect grammar, slow drivers, germs, cocky or rude people, when people yell at their pets, when people cut me off while I'm talking, oh and chewing sounds don't bother me except for my best friend's for some reason lol.

I don't usually notice poor table manners or loud eating/chewing sounds...more often, other people will bring it up to me, "Did you see him chewing with his mouth open!?" and I didn't notice at all. But I have one close, longtime friend who will LICK her fingers clean at the end of a meal and it makes me want to vomit. She's such a mature, professional woman and there she is LICKING salt off her fingers and almost, dare I say, sucking them - it's disgusting. I try not to eat with her especially if it's something you use your hands to eat. I shudder even thinking about it.
  • resale3108
    resale3108 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    “Moving forward”, “going forward”.

Anyone who uses these phrases is an oxygen thief.
  • resale3108
    resale3108 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    SurfyPants wrote: »
    mismatched socks

Life is too short to waste it matching socks.
  • projectsix
    projectsix Posts: 5,088 Member
    Options
    When coaches think they can talk trash to your children. Yell at them productively all you want but don't talk trash or we have a problem

The yelling thing is pretty close to the line for me. There was a soccer coach and how he yelled at them was not in the context of disciplining based on behaviour but just simply out of his own frustrations. We stepped up as did other parents. He was no longer allowed to coach after that season and was replaced.

It's a hard job being a kids coach because you volunteer your own personal time which is valuable but you're either up for the challenge or you aren't and if you aren't, then don't put your name in the hat imo.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I don't know own what my biggest is but I have a lot of smaller ones

- when you leave someone a voicemail at work and they call you back and say 'I missed a call from you'...listen to the *kitten* message

- when people say 'I can't see that, I don't have my glasses on'...duh, easy fix

- invasion of personal space, unless we are on a crowded subway train and it's coming to a stop there is no reason for your body to be touching mine
  • bojack3
    bojack3 Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    People who over answer questions. For example....Question: are you going home after this?

Over answer: well I need to stop at the store and pick up something for dinner, and I think prime rib is on sale so I may pick up some meat....and my mom asked me to stop by so i might swing by there to see her, i really should its been weeks since i stopped by.....etc.

Actual Answer: No

The question wasn't what are you doing after this.....it was simply are you going home?

Ugh

• kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    When you're at a really mellow get-together, the vibe is groovy and no one has pulled out a phone, and all of a sudden the discussion goes to Facebook and what everyone has been seeing and reading on there. Sweet *kitten* lord.

"Oh did you see her vacation photos? They're gonna get married!"

:|!!!!!!!!

Makes me wanna flip the *kitten* table over.
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    kam26001 wrote: »
    When you're at a really mellow get-together, the vibe is groovy and no one has pulled out a phone, and all of a sudden the discussion goes to Facebook and what everyone has been seeing and reading on there. Sweet *kitten* lord.

"Oh did you see her vacation photos? They're gonna get married!"

:|!!!!!!!!

Makes me wanna flip the *kitten* table over.

I hate this too! There's a whole group of friends I stopped hanging out with after years, because they would just get out their phones and start talking about their teenage kids' social media gossip stuff or what they saw on snapchat. Bish no.
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    People asking for recommendations on Facebook and ending it with “go!” Like we are all going to break and scurry to find the best Korean BBQ within 7 minutes of your daycare.

the nerve!
    I don't even go on Facebook anymore... I have no interest in how together everyone else's *kitten* is. :)
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    People asking for recommendations on Facebook and ending it with “go!” Like we are all going to break and scurry to find the best Korean BBQ within 7 minutes of your daycare.

:D
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    When someone is in a public place with perfect strangers and talk out loud on their phone for all of us to listen to their business.
    and
    When people post on mfp that they can't loose the weight and they plan to loose the weight by summer and they will loose their mate if they do not loose the fat around their......
    JEEZE IT'S LOSE!!!! AAAAARGHHHH!!!!!!
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    Empty boxes left in the pantry.
  • The_Canadian_Apex
    The_Canadian_Apex Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Without a doubt, it's slow drivers. Even worse... Slow drivers that drive beside each other so others can't pass.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Right this hot second, it's the people who call you, get your voice mail, then hang up and call again. Then call your assistant and ask to be transferred to you. In an unquestionably NON-EMERGENCY situation. Dude.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    when people leave trash sitting around, especially when its 2 feet away from the freaking garbage can. At least try to throw it or something, sheesh