Vacation Woes!

Options
Anyone else dealing with weight gain after high calorie benders on vacation?

I gained 14lbs in one month of wild eating and no exercise. I realize that much of this is probably water retention because I am feeling very very very bloated -- but WHOA.

Before vacation, I was underweight...so it's good that I gained. But being a person who actually enjoys working out, my first run following vacation felt absolutely AWFUL. It's like I have forgotten how to move and breathe! Oh noes!

Does this sound like you? After getting back into your exercise groove, has your athletic ability been slowing coming back to you? I wonder how long it will take to get back to being able to do long distance runs without feeling like death. I went for a short one today and could barely stand it. I feel sooooooo lazy!

Replies

• mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Can't say I understand the whole binging concept while on vacation.

Most of my vacations involved extensive shopping and sightseeing so I am walking hours and hours every day. Sure I enjoy some of the local fare but certainly not binging on it. It would suck to spend 3,000 on clothes I can't wear when I got home lol.
  • goshnames
    goshnames Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I feel like food is so great and is different in different parts of the world! To experience everything, I must eat everything the new place has to offer! New food is the best part of vacation! :)