2»

Replies

• goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »
    goatg wrote: »
    Another vote for track workouts. All sorts of "fun" is possible at your local high school track. :)

We have an indoor track!
    I just hate not knowing my time! How do you measure it for accuracy? Do you sprint by distance and then measure time? Or just not worry about it?

We run on an outdoor track. If indoors, couldn't you just turn on the garmin, run a lap, then check distance so you'd know it going forward? The other thing you could do is to load the workout in your Garmin ahead of time, and set the pace parameters for each interval.. eg: lap 1 should be run between 7:45-8:00/mile pace. If you go outside the parameters, the device vibrates until you're back in the correct pace zone. Its annoying, but it works. I also use this garmin feature on my bike to stay within power parameters....

I didn't know you could do that. Thank you! I think I need to just go by HR and not worry about it. I run indoors way too much.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Another vote for track workouts. All sorts of "fun" is possible at your local high school track. :)

We have an indoor track!
    I just hate not knowing my time! How do you measure it for accuracy? Do you sprint by distance and then measure time? Or just not worry about it?

Tracks are measured out; 4*100M legs.

You could use a footpod.
  • goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options

We have an indoor track!

Tracks are measured out; 4*100M legs.

You could use a footpod.

4:37AM.... Respect.

Yeah. I'm lazy. I'm going to do my max aerobic test next week. I have the tools available. Just need the follow-through now. : )

Thank you for your suggestion!
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    I love sprint intervals! I haven't done them in a while, but you've inspired me! I've done them on the treadmill, at a track, and on our greenway trails. I find that, in addition to being exhilarating, they also help me increase the speed of my easy pace.

I'm thinking about doing a mile race in September. It would be my first, after a couple of marathons and a number of half marathons.