How much are you losing a week? Best tips?

How much are you losing a week? Best tips? What works for you?

Replies

• try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    edited March 2018
    How much a person loses per week varies depending on that person's current stats, goals, logging accuracy, etc. None of that will have any bearing on your situation.

The best tip is fill out your MFP profile accurately, choose a reasonable weekly weight loss goal (likely not 2 lbs/week unless you have 75 lbs or more to lose), read up on and use accurate logging practices, and keep within the calorie allowance MFP gives you. Don't over complicate things or look for shortcuts. That's all :)
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    0.5-1lb a week as despite being a short big bird im breastfeeding

I have my mfp account set up to my stats, i eat my calorie goal after weighing and logging my food
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,383 Member
    10lbs since January, so around 1lbs per week. I'm 5'7", female, currently at 140lbs.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    edited March 2018
    The zeal to lose weight quickly, unless your life is threatened somehow, is more harmful than helpful. I STILL have to remind myself of that on occasion. If you’re wanting to measure yourself against others or “compete” it’s not that strange, but probably an urge you want to resist.

PS Best Tip: Get enough fibre (especially from vegetables) and enough protein. Meet or exceed MFP’s default goals for those.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,267 Member
    Not sure why what I am losing per week matters.

Best tip - Buy a food scale. Use it. Weigh everything and log religiously, no skipping, cheating or forgetting. Stay within the calorie allowance MFP gave you.

THIS
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member

Best tip - Buy a food scale. Use it. Weigh everything and log religiously, no skipping, cheating or forgetting. Stay within the calorie allowance MFP gave you.

Ditto!
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,447 Member
    Best tip.
    Remember the small sustained change means more then the giant short term thing
  • Azercord
    Azercord Posts: 573 Member
    Zero per week, all done.

Re-voicing the food scale. Buy one, use it, for everything, continue to use it even when you are done. I take Fred everywhere, we are buddies. I feed him batteries and he tells me how much things weight. Also cheap ones are fine as long as they have the accuracy you want.
  • Leannep2201
    Leannep2201 Posts: 441 Member
    edited March 2018

Another vote for this tip! My food scale and my dedication to logging everything has seen me lose nearly 12kg so far. Even though I thought I could do pretty well without it initially, in reality it is invaluable.