Starting out

Options
Anemic_Oak
Anemic_Oak Posts: 46 Member
Anyone here that has gone on vacation before loosing your weight? Especially a swim suit vacation and have a good time?

I am going to Hawaii 30 points overweight...in six weeks. I know I won’t loose the weight and just broke down and bought clothes that fit me. I don’t was to ruin my trip with clothes too small

Replies

• 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Smart girl!
    It bothers the crap outta me when people try to crash diet just to fit into a bathing suit for a trip. I feel like the potential lasting harm to ones body is not worth it. It's just easier to buy a new suit or dress or whatever. It's best to take a healthful approach to weight loss and crash dieting is not a good idea. Remember the saying " slow and steady wins the race!" You can still begin your diet now and still enjoy your vacation without the added stress of squeezing into something that doesn't fit.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    You did the right thing buying clothes that you look good in now.

In thr meantime keep working at chipping away those pounds.

Enjoy the vacay :smile:
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I had to comment again because I feel like you deserve some sort of award ! Lol
    It's not everyday that someone just starting out has this much common sense and a realistic approach! Lol