Thoughts on Cheat Days?

Options
Hello!

Just curious as to what everyone’s thoughts are on cheat days. Do you have them? Are they helpful? Why do you disagree?

I currently do not have cheat days but I am just wondering if anyone does.

Thanks!

Replies

• LuckyAndi
    LuckyAndi Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I have "accidental refeeds".

ETA: I let my body tell me when I need to take a break, or the situation, rather than scheduling cheat days.

^Same. I'm having one of those today, actually. It keeps me sane.
  • ninalondon
    ninalondon Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your thoughts and opinions! :smile:

It’s great to have such a knowledgeable community!
  • Sam29a
    Sam29a Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I can't. At least, not that often. I know one day doesn't make that much difference long-term, but after a cheat day my willpower just vanishes and I almost always want another, then another. I aim to have one every 4 months or so. That I can deal with.
  • DomesticKat
    DomesticKat Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    A cheat day for me consists of eating in a way that won't make me gain weight, but won't necessarily make me lose weight either. In others words, maintenance. I still count, but if I have days where I eat more, I just make sure it's not enough to matter in the long run. I just don't eat with wild abandon and without counting.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    ninalondon wrote: »
    Hello!

Just curious as to what everyone’s thoughts are on cheat days. Do you have them? Are they helpful? Why do you disagree?

I currently do not have cheat days but I am just wondering if anyone does.

Thanks!

What is a cheat day?

I eat pretty well for the most part...and sometimes I don't. Sometimes I over eat, but that's not the norm...it's just life and BBQs and pool parties and holidays are fun. I don't consider any of that "cheating"
    tyrindor wrote: »
    Absolutely not. All they do is make me have regret which hurts my motivation. Having a pizza sounds amazing, until I eat it, and then realize it wasn't enjoyable enough to justify the calories.

If you eat healthy long enough, those "bad foods" will actually start tasting bad. 2 slices of pizza and I get a headache from the grease, when I use to be able to down an entire pizza with ease.

Oh please...

Sounds like somebody needs to stay getting better pizza.