Weight gain ...time of the month

Options
Tq43
Tq43 Posts: 85 Member
I'm just wondering how much peoples weight fluctuate just before their period. I'm up 2 pounds this week after a steady loss over the past month. The only difference is I'm due my period.
I suppose 2 pounds isn't too bad cos when I was eaing all the wrong things I could put on up to 5 pounds at this time.
How much do others put on and Do u see a drop the following week ?
It can be very frustrating !

Replies

• jbhartzell4214
    jbhartzell4214 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    This used to annoy me so much because when I went to Weight Watchers, the leader used to have a go at me every time for putting on weight. At its worst, I could gain 5 pounds. Just have to plan for it and keep a good record. Good Luck with it and don't give up.
  • pamfin
    pamfin Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day and track it in my fitbit app which shows an overall trend. That way I don't get hung up on going up a few pounds overnight around ovulation and when I'm due on as I can see an overall downward trend.
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Straight up 5lbs water weight gain for me. ; A;

It always goes back down for me the day before my period actually ends. But it does get super frustrating, because it piles on QUICK. And is super noticeable, as my average is currently 103lbs when not 'on'... So much bloat...
  • takemetosingapore19
    takemetosingapore19 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I was up 8 lb this month ( last week) I dropped 7 of it overnight in one day.. now I’m still up 1 lb now that it has ended and that will be gone by tonight :)
  • Tq43
    Tq43 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I suppose it's frustrating because it's noticeable also.....around the tummy area especially.... I get bloated.
    I know it's mainly fluid and will go but boy is it annoying !
    So I'll keep going and hope my weight will continue on a downward spiral after this ....good luck everyone
  • netitheyeti
    netitheyeti Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    something like 5lbs, stays for at least a few days then drops back to normal.. I always feel a bit bloated around that time of month
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    Options
    I gain at ovulation and right before my TOM. Because of this (and because Lyle McDonald said to) I compare myself to last month, not last week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6846ZTBu08k&index=4&list=PLUXvX9BaxgqG9yO5XWB3gA_QshvrrcjVr

jrb0bnypt7o3.png