Help! So Frustrated to be training hard And gaining!

Options
I'm 56, 5'9" tall and around 180 ( gained 36 lbs over the last year after crashing off 18 lbs on the 500 calorie HCG Diet and eating through stressful times) Started MFP late June, and it put me on 1200 calories to lose 1.3 lbs a week - but that's not happening. Training with weights 3 days, 3 days of cardio. I lost 6 lbs, then show gains up to 2-4 lbs which I haven't had the heart to log on the site. it's soooo frustrating. Not sure if it's the pot menopause metabolism, I'm sure I slowed it down after starving off weight on HCG. I measured today, and am losing inches slowly. Thinking about adding calories, but I'm afraid to. I really need some support and encouragement.

Replies

• jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    1200 calories at 5'9 and active probably isn't sustainable. Might try 0.5-1 lb/week, eat back reliable exercise calories, and think long term lifestyle change, rather than focusing on the scale.
  • Jan3D
    Jan3D Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks, that's what my gut is telling me.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    If you're losing inches, you are making progress. I would give it some time before getting frustrated. And remember that you are logging for yourself, not for anyone else--you can change the settings so that notifications about your weight do not appear in the feed if it makes you feel self-conscious, but do log your weight changes. If anything, it might be useful for looking back and seeing how intake and weight loss are not linearly related, and that you can make progress in terms of fat loss without losing weight at the same time.
  • Jan3D
    Jan3D Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your suggestion, you are right.I added a field in my measurements section to track the daily ups and downs, but I will start logging on the ticker, and weigh maybe once a week.