Need support and suggestions

Options
I am new and am lost. I have 80lbs to lose. Support would be great thanks and you can add me

Replies

• musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I don't add people, but here's a good place to start to learn what you need to be successful. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest
  • bee_bee8
    bee_bee8 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've been using MFP on and off for years, but have been pretty committed for the last year. I've learned a lot from these forums. If I had to narrow it down to 3 pieces of advice, they would be this:
    1. The ONLY thing you need to do to lose weight is burn more calories in a day than you consume. That's literally it. Eat all the carbs and fat you want, as long as it fits into your daily calorie allowance. As has been said here many times, "losing weight is not easy, but it is simple"
    2. Learning to log accurately is key - I recommend getting a food scale. Serving sizes can be misleading when it's something like "1 slice of bread." Look at the grams or ounces in 1 serving (which is also on the nutrition label) and go by that instead
    3. Don't be overly-restrictive. Try to come up with some meals that are low-calorie, satiating, and that you enjoy eating. I know some people are happy eating the same bland thing every day and lose plenty of weight - I'm personally not one of those people, and I don't think most of us are. Food can be enjoyable without being unhealthy or overly caloric.

Add me if you like, and good luck :-)
  • amyn73
    amyn73 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Good luck!! Added you
  • stacyllott6006
    stacyllott6006 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    lori_sloan wrote: »
    I am new and am lost. I have 80lbs to lose. Support would be great thanks and you can add me

How do you add friends? I'm new at this also. My goal is to lose 100 pounds.
  • mrsjhardin
    mrsjhardin Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I'm about to add you :)