Batchelors pasta n’ sauce

Options
For anyone who has had batchelors pasta n’ sauce sachets; do the calories stated include the milk you need to add? It does say “as prepared” above the nutritional info but I get paranoid! I have the chicken and mushroom one to try

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    If it says as prepared that includes the milk (likely whole milk if it doesn't state, so that could alter your calorie count if you use a different one)
  • Dame_sans_merci
    Dame_sans_merci Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I only ever make them with water, no milk or butter, but I just keep the cals as listed. I did once take a look at how many cals 100ml semi skim milk would be if knocked off. It would surprise me if it was based on the inclusion of whole full fat milk.
  • jfr9
    jfr9 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know the calorie count for Batchelors Pasta n Sauce made with just water?
  • shandy82165
    shandy82165 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I totally thought this was going to be about a pasta and sauce recipe for bachelors.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    ^me too :p
  • Dame_sans_merci
    Dame_sans_merci Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I only ever make mine with water and i just track the whole calorie value as per the pack.
    I have a feeling that the calories quoted are on the basis of semi-skimmed milk being used. So if it says use 250ml water and ‘100ml’ milk, just deduct the calorie equivalent of ‘100ml’ of semi-skimmed milk from the overall calorific value (e.g. 50 cals)