Apple Watch friends?

Options

Replies

• johndu41
    johndu41 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    rdruken wrote: »
    Question for you all! Using the Apple Watch for basic weight lifting and such at the gym and I’ve been tracking it as “other” in the exercise app but I read that “other” calculates calorie burn as if you were moving at a brisk walk so I’m worried it may over estimate my burn when doing light weight lifting? Any thoughts?

I use an app called reps and sets...this also works with the exercise app
  • SamBoling
    SamBoling Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hey! Apple Watch user too! Feel free to PM me;)
  • Flame_Grilled
    Flame_Grilled Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Me too, was going to start a thread about this myself, having a bit of competition and support will help me move my butt more.

I’m more than happy to be added or to add if you want an iWatch buddy
  • ksumindysue
    ksumindysue Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I would love to have some Apple Watch connections! PM for email!
  • Mew45521
    Mew45521 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Apple Watch user add me if you'd like.
  • kavonariyon
    kavonariyon Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Apple Watch user, anyone feel free to add me (:
  • mpcirig
    mpcirig Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same here!
  • johnbrandt25
    johnbrandt25 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yup, loving my Apple Watch. Took a minute to configure correctly with MFP, but works great!
  • HelenDaleyGarnett
    HelenDaleyGarnett Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Love my Apple Watch. So obsessed with closing the rings! Feel free to add me
  • LzzyBrdn
    LzzyBrdn Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My watch used to sync the activities and workouts but it suddenly stopped. Any clues? So annoying, or like when I forget to start it before the work out begins.
  • dignow96
    dignow96 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I use mine religiously to track my walks/runs and have the UA Record complication to see my daily goals at a glance. I'm pretty new around here and open to any friend requests.
  • Spencerport
    Spencerport Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'm willing to share with everyone, feel free to message me for email!
  • alysslyss7
    alysslyss7 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Apple Watch user and returning to MFP... I had a fitbit the last go around... So question, only steps are automatically synced, correct? So how do you get an accurate daily calorie burn without it syncing, or do you just accept MFP's assumption of your daily burn? I'll admit I do miss the functionality of fitbit and it paired with the fitbit app... Just trying to figure out a good way to go about this, this time.
  • Spencerport
    Spencerport Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    alysslyss7 wrote: »
    Apple Watch user and returning to MFP... I had a fitbit the last go around... So question, only steps are automatically synced, correct? So how do you get an accurate daily calorie burn without it syncing, or do you just accept MFP's assumption of your daily burn? I'll admit I do miss the functionality of fitbit and it paired with the fitbit app... Just trying to figure out a good way to go about this, this time.

Open the Health app on your iPhone, choose Sources at the bottom. You should see MFP, select it, then select Turn All Categories On. That should allow your workouts to sync from the Apple Watch to MFP. Note: there are some workouts on the Apple Watch that do not have a corresponding activity in MFP and will not show up. For example Functional Training on the Apple Watch will not show up on MFP.
  • steelergirl314
    steelergirl314 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    w00t for Apple Watch users! Love closing my rings - and the extra challenges always put a competitive edge on things. :)
  • timothytclee
    timothytclee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Curious how many friends folks have on their Apple Watch 'Activity' app? Does anyone actually use it regularly?
  • sigaiser
    sigaiser Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Apple Watch user here. Add me if you’d like.
  • TimothyJLittle
    TimothyJLittle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Apple Watch user
  • vegaschic_082
    vegaschic_082 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Add me! I'm always looking for apple watch friends :)