Will this feeling ever change????

Options
2»

Replies

• JoAnna4731
    JoAnna4731 Posts: 115 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I am one of those people who will bargain with my calorie allotment in order to fit in as much comfort food as I can get, lol (an insatiable sweet tooth here). For me, I think the key to not feeling deprived is to NOT deprive myself at all - just reel in my sweet tooth a little bit. I am eating between 1450 and 1660 calories per day (depending on activity level), losing about .5 lbs per week, and I eat dessert every.single.day. If I know I get my comforting sweet treat at the end of the day, it makes it so much easier for me to stay on track.

The bulky food that helps me feel satisfied until said dessert is leafy greens - and lots of them - spinach in particular. I do scrambled egg whites every morning and throw in a handful of spinach. My lunch-time salad is mostly spinach and other veggies. When in doubt with dinner, I add spinach. It's easy and fairly cheap to buy a big bag of pre-washed spinach and have it handy to throw into everything.

I also do the celery and carrots trick, BUT I need something to dip them in - can't do them plain. So I whip up a batch of homemade dip at the beginning of every week, made of Knorr vegetable soup mix, greek yogurt, and a couple of tbsps of mayo for tang. It's healthy (yogurt!!), and for 4 oz., it's only a 110 calories! Hummus is also a good dip for the veggies - the chickpeas have a good dose of protein, which helps with feeling full.

I'm also a big fan of low-fat cottage cheese. When I am feeling the tummy grumbles, a serving of low-fat cottage cheese (only 90 calories for a half a cup) seems to get my mind off food.

And after all of that, I get my sweet treat at the end of the day - a 100 calorie serving of full fat ice cream and a homemade chocolate chip cookie (just under 200 calories total for dessert) is my current favorite :-)