This time I am going to win the war

Options
Hi,

I have battled weight my whole life and this time I plan to win this war once and for all. I have learned that I am an emotional eater by far and have used eating to feel better....isn't that a vicious cycle....it makes you feel better in the short term but worse in the long term as the weight just creeps on one pound at a time. When I hit my 51st birthday, I vowed to myself that I would be in the best health and physical fitness of my life by the time of my next birthday. I have been working hard over the past two months and have lost 35# through making better food choices and exercising 6 days a week. I am feeling better and better every day. I also gave up my addiction to Diet Mt. Dew and have been completely soda free for 5 weeks tomorrow. Lots of better choices. I just found myfitnesspal website in the last couple of weeks. Logging in everyday will keep me more accountable from my food intake. Looking for friends and support along this journey. My goal is to lose a total of 100#...one day at a time.

Replies

• CarlaNeverGivenUp
    CarlaNeverGivenUp Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Well said and great goals! Now if you can get my hubbie off Diet Mt. Dew I would be so grateful!
  • vettech14
    Options
    sent you a friend request :) good luck your have made great progress so far. keep up the great work :)
  • MaDwItNeWfLaVa
    MaDwItNeWfLaVa Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Well congrats on your new journey :) Doing something about it is the first step, all you can do is try your best! And like you said, take your time. It will come off soon as you expect, as long as your dedicated...

Good Luck! :))
  • vettech14
    Options
    hahaha DT dew is wonderful that is why I USE to drink it also..... :D:D had to give that stuff up also. But I won't lie I do miss it, just like I miss my cigarettes that I quit a month ago also.... UGH I ma going to be bald soon :)
  • Over50ToBeFit
    Over50ToBeFit Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm 51 :) Feel free to add me, love all friend requests the support is awesome!
  • Andipat
    Andipat Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    HI I am 51 too and would love if we could support each other xx
  • dianaco123
    dianaco123 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've lost 56 lbs, feel free to friend me :)
  • CORDLN
    CORDLN Posts: 2
    Options
    I totally agree-- I have been fighting the weight battle all my life
    I am cutting back on my Diet pepsi and so far so good
    I have lost 10 pounds in about 5 weeks
    we are all rooting for you