Student Looking for Motivational Friends

Options
riskiestlavonn
riskiestlavonn Posts: 207 Member
edited March 2018 in Introduce Yourself
Hey Guys,

I've found success with MFP before, but I'm now back after a long hiatus. I lost about 60 pounds and maintained for about 7 years. While applying for graduate school I began gaining weight from stress (boooo!). Now that I'm back in school I've gained even more weight back (double boooo!). Now I'm back on MFP with a goal of getting back to my original weight (losing around 50 pounds again :smile: ).

I would love any new motivated friends (all my old friends left). Would be great if I could find some fellow students to commiserate with!

Thanks!
Misha

P.S. I'm planning on taking it slow and steady like last time. That means maintaining a calorie limit of about 1,500 and working out for 45 minutes 4 or 5 days a week. I'm just looking to make consistent progress :smile:

(slow and steady)

Replies

• sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,735 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome back to the MFP community. :)
  • JessieCanDoThis
    JessieCanDoThis Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys,

I've found success with MFP before, but I'm now back after a long hiatus. I lost about 60 pounds and maintained for about 7 years. While applying for graduate school I began gaining weight from stress (boooo!). Now that I'm back in school I've gained even more weight back (double boooo!). Now I'm back on MFP with a goal of getting back to my original weight (losing around 50 pounds again :smile: ).

I would love any new motivated friends (all my old friends left). Would be great if I could find some fellow students to commiserate with!

Thanks!
    Misha

P.S. I'm planning on taking it slow and steady like last time. That means maintaining a calorie limit of about 1,500 and working out for 45 minutes 4 or 5 days a week. I'm just looking to make consistent progress :smile:

(slow and steady)

Hi Misha,

You sound just like me except I haven’t lost a huge amount of weight. I am also a grad student and it is so stressful! I will be done Dec 2019. Since I started grad school last year I have gained about 30 lbs, but I was just at my highest weight last month at 273 :/ now I’m trying to lose 100 lbs in a years time or so. I’m also taking it slow. I want to lose 1.5 lb a week and keep my caloric intake of just 1680 for now. I have just been working out 4 times a week and I’m trying to increase that to 5, but it’s hard. I need to be a mom also! Feel free to add me :) welcome back!
  • riskiestlavonn
    riskiestlavonn Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Welcome back to the MFP community. :)

Thanka for the welcome back!!! Happy to do this again with such motivated people.