Hi! After a long Road, I'm taking Control! :D

Options
I'm new here! I want to create a strong, positive, support group to help me on my Journey. I want to have a two way support group where we support each-other.

My Story:

My family consists of me, my brother, and my mom. For the first sixteen years of my life we lived with my abusive father. He abused us both verbally and physically. Throwing me into stairwells and walls, I saw stars often. Then Middle-School hit and I was bullied as well. I was naturally thin and fit (Thanks ADHD! :D) but when I came home crying I ate a lot of Ice Cream to soothe me. My Mom Decided to help by Home-Schooling me for 7th-8th grade. Then to get me away from my dad she sent me to an Away High-School. It wasn't a good school, but I hid it from my Mom because I finally had friends. I actually wouldn't undo it because I met my Best Friend who has stood by me through ups and downs. After six months I came home and we moved away from my dad. We recently won the custody battle for my little brother, we still have a few bumps in the road but we are starting to heal. Because of the situation I will be graduating in my Nineteenth year. Being I just turned 18 that is two years from now. But I'm finally happy. I have honors in school, and am doing a year of college in my senior year. So I will be where I should be by the time I'm twenty. I have decided to finally live my new found freedom to the fullest, and that includes getting the body I want. :D

Replies

• cath14967
    Options
    WTG!!! Its great that you arent letting life take control of you. You are taking control of life!
  • samuelsson
    samuelsson Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. A long, hard road, indeed -- and you have a lot of courage to confront your challenges and declare that it's time for YOU to take control of your life. Awesome. =) A lot of us have our own personal demons (that have driven us to the ice cream section more than once) and are here to support you.