Weight Flucutation

Options
Hello,

When I weigh myself on Saturday, after working out and eating healthy throughout the week, I lose several pounds. Then after my cheat meal and drinking lots of water. I gain 5-10 pounds, even though I workout on weekends, too.

What's going on?

I don't look any different in the mirror? Weight Fluctuation? Can someone explain?

Replies

• jbrown2339
    jbrown2339 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Probably water and sodium from the meals, probably goes away a few days after, just drink alot of water. I enjoy my weekends so weight for up then back down during week, long as your trend is down overall no reason to be too concerned.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    5-10 pounds is a huge difference. But yes that cheat meal had more calories/carbs/sodium than your normal diet?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    It'll be gone in a few days, its a spike from high sodium/high carbs - happens me every weekend, even in maintenance and is gone by Wednesday. (I can see 4-5lbs over night and it can take up to 2 days to disappear)

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10634529/why-did-the-number-on-the-scale-go-up-this-week-heres-why#latest
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    Options
    TheBrock84 wrote: »
    Hello,

When I weigh myself on Saturday, after working out and eating healthy throughout the week, I lose several pounds. Then after my cheat meal and drinking lots of water. I gain 5-10 pounds, even though I workout on weekends, too.

What's going on?

I don't look any different in the mirror? Weight Fluctuation? Can someone explain?

Food and water have weight. If you drink 500 ml of water, you'll gain half a kilogram.