Skirmish 1: The Tale of Slaying the First Line of Dragon(pants) Defense

dhiammarath
dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
So a long time ago in a land far, far away... okay not really. This story isn't that epic. A long time ago, I lost a lot of weight. I was very close to my goal. Then I hit a plateau, got frustrated, gained a little, then started heavy lifting.

BOY WAS I STRONG. HOT DIGGITY DOG!!

By the way, the pants were all slain by this point. I had conquered my closet and then some!

I toned up and felt GOOD. Oh yeah, I owned my kingdom.

THIS is what happened to me, and this was even before I'd started lifting heavy things and putting them back down. So I slimmed up even more than this picture:

ko9e9lvyhf8g.jpg

Then I got sick. I could no longer eat the things I had been eating because they made me sick. I spent a year in misery, unable to do anything because even clothing hurt to wear.

So I gained a little back -- because of the things I COULD eat, I ate too much.

It happened. I lost control of my kingdom. My pants, the poor slain beasts, grew wily and escaped my control. I lost them to the wilds of my closet, lurking in the shadows as I told myself, "I'll get this under control! I will!"

But I didn't. Oh, I did a little, but it's really difficult to reconfigure HOW to eat while also trying to reconfigure WHAT to eat. The enemy encroached upon me and my dragon(pants) flew away! I held onto one pair of pants, and didn't let myself gain myself out of those.

So here I am. With the enemy holding onto my kingdom. I am armed with the sword of knowledge and the shield of activity.

The front line is breached. They aren't perfect, but...

... on the eve of my two week trip to Japan I am going to be carting a slain pair of dragonpants.

Yep. That's right. I've slain them.

Oh, there's still life. They wriggle a little because they're not QUITE a comfortable fit.

But I can get them on.

And THAT, for me, is victory.

Once again, I have control of my destiny.

THE FORTRESS MIGHT YET BE FAR OFF, BUT THESE DRAGONPANTS ARE GETTIN' GIT!

PS, I see you dragonpants. I see you in the distance, holding the next line.

I may have lots of ground to cover, but I'm coming for you.

ME AND MY FRIENDS, DETERMINATION, AND WILLPOWER.

Replies

• badhairday22001
    badhairday22001 Posts: 7 Member
    Awesome story! Good for you for keeping your eye on the prize!
  • Styggian
    Styggian Posts: 465 Member
    Nice story, great results congratulations :)
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    LOVE this! fierce dragonpants-slaying warrior!
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Thank you all! Hopefully, in a few months -- I want to go to Norway this Christmas -- I will be where I always wanted to be, but for now. TIME TO BATTLE. :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!