Weigh in

Options
Tq43
Tq43 Posts: 85 Member
Just curious hoiw often people are weighing themselves ? I try to stick to weekly but am interested to see what others do and why ?

Replies

• MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily. No reason beyond preference.
  • Tq43
    Options
    Do you notice much fluctuations on a daily basis?
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    Yeah, usually no more than a couple pounds which usually hits if I've had a couple days of lots of sodium or TOM. Overall it's been a downward trend so I don't worry about it too much.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and trend it using a weight trending app. Fluctuations are normal and expected, I rarely ever weigh the same 2-3 days in a row..

• Tq43
    Options
    Sounds like the right attitude. I do get disappointed if I'm up after a week weigh in. I might try weighing more often and see the flow of things ? Thanks for your input .
  • MyEvolvingJourney
    MyEvolvingJourney Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Currently only doing once a week. I have heard about doing a daily weigh-in and then averaging it out...but I'm on the fence about it. Maybe later in the journey I might test it out. But for now, sticking to just once a week.
  • sschauer513
    sschauer513 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I do daily and use trendweight.com to track the up and down trends which hopefully is usually downward. I find as long as you're not totally obsessed with the number on the scale it gives you a good idea if you did good or bad the day before but weight loss is never a straight line.
  • letsresthere
    letsresthere Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I also do daily. It does suck sometimes when you've had a good workout or ate right and you gain a pound the next morning, but like other have said it's the trend that counts and if it's going downward you know you're doing it right. For me I just like it better knowing each day what I am, so I can make adjustments daily and not wonder if I've been gaining for 3 or 4 days before weighing.
  • saraonly9913
    saraonly9913 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily at home but weigh in weekly at my TOPS (Taking Off Pounds Sensibly) meeting. I hate when I'm having a good daily trend...... until the morning of my TOPS weigh in!
  • Tq43
    Options
    My evolving journey.... I know what u.mean. I'd probably obsess if I weighed daily. I might try twice weekly now and see how it goes.
    A lot seem to weigh daily.... I think I might got bogged down in the number on the scales if it wasn't going as I liked
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    Every other day. It bounces up and down, If you only do it weekly, it's hard to tell if you caught a bounce up, down or if it is about right. With daily or every other day, you see bounces and trends and the fluctuations aren't as unsettling. You can weigh weekly and happen to get a low bounce one week and a high bounce the next and think you are up a couple of pounds when you are actually down 1.
  • Tq43
    Options
    Every other day. It bounces up and down, If you only do it weekly, it's hard to tell if you caught a bounce up, down or if it is about right. With daily or every other day, you see bounces and trends and the fluctuations aren't as unsettling. You can weigh weekly and happen to get a low bounce one week and a high bounce the next and think you are up a couple of pounds when you are actually down 1.

That actually makes a lot of sense to me now. Thank u .