Vietnamese options when eating out

Options
hey guys.
I haven't been in Vietnam long so haven't quite found my feet when it comes to sussing out what i should and shouldn't eat when we go out for dinner. Although We do cook at home, we eat out/order in about 3-4 times a week (it's so much cheaper, and no dishes!)
I'm limiting the amount of rice and noodles, and trying to go heavier on the veggies and lean meats.
Is there a go to low calorie meal that you would order when eating Vietnamese?!

Replies

• staraly
    staraly Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I lived in Vietnam for more than 3 years and have been back many times. I found it really easy to lose weight their because of plenty of healthy local food choices available. Traditional salads such as papaya, green mango or lotus root are a great place to start. The papaya and mango are treated as a vege and the salad contains other veges and a usually small smattering of prawns and shredded chicken. There are lots of great fish restaurants. Another good 'beginners' option is anything wrapped, as you can choose rice paper or lettuce wraps and tons of other vege stuff with fish or meat. There is a franchise chain called Wrap'nRoll which is a good place to dip your toe in the waters of 'wrapping'.
  • polkadotsandpoptarts
    polkadotsandpoptarts Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    staraly wrote: »
    I lived in Vietnam for more than 3 years and have been back many times. I found it really easy to lose weight their because of plenty of healthy local food choices available. Traditional salads such as papaya, green mango or lotus root are a great place to start. The papaya and mango are treated as a vege and the salad contains other veges and a usually small smattering of prawns and shredded chicken. There are lots of great fish restaurants. Another good 'beginners' option is anything wrapped, as you can choose rice paper or lettuce wraps and tons of other vege stuff with fish or meat. There is a franchise chain called Wrap'nRoll which is a good place to dip your toe in the waters of 'wrapping'.

Thanks! I'll have to check out wrap n roll :smile: