8 week program starting April 2018

Options
Sunshine_And_Sand
Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
Hey everybody! I will be going on a cruise this summer and am going to try to get in the best shape possible before I go (so that I can eat myself sick everyday for that week, just kidding). It's a little silly of me to try this since it's a cold weather cruise so that I won't be showing much skin anyway, but it seems to be as good a motivator as anything else.
So here's my plan: I am going to try an 8 week program that consists of all the exercises I already do and enjoy (spin, running, yoga) but with more structure than I currently have; I have scheduled all the workouts through all of April and May. I will aim for 1300-1500 calories most days (I don't have too much to lose) and probably do more like 1800 in Fridays to accommodate pizza night.
If anybody wants to do this with me, make up a program consisting of things you enjoy or dig up your old videos (firm, insanity, P90x, or whatever you have) and let's keep each other motivated.
I won't be starting until April because I will be out on a ski trip soon and a lot of the things I usually do won't really be possible up on a snow covered mountain. BUT you can start whenever you want.
At the end of your "program", whenever that is, let us know how you did.
Have fun!

Replies

• Stefbomb2020
    Stefbomb2020 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Sounds nice to me. Coz I need to get into shape by July to buy myself a lovely birthday dress
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Options
    ^^^^
    Good luck to you with whatever you decide to do!
  • Keri8680
    Keri8680 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Oh!! I am interested too. We have a couple different beach trips planned- one in July and one in September. I am 1 month in on the keto diet and ready to start adding in regular exercise- was only doing weekly elliptical work outs.
  • ruksha123
    ruksha123 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Can I join too!
    Looking to lose weight and get fit for my birthday in July. Starting by login on MFP and increasing activity.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Options
    Keri8680 wrote: »
    Oh!! I am interested too. We have a couple different beach trips planned- one in July and one in September. I am 1 month in on the keto diet and ready to start adding in regular exercise- was only doing weekly elliptical work outs.

Sorry I'm late responding. Was on a ski trip and the internet/cell reception up there wasn't great...
    I love the beach...
    Just have fun with whatever exercise you pick. We can do this!
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Options
    ruksha123 wrote: »
    Can I join too!
    Looking to lose weight and get fit for my birthday in July. Starting by login on MFP and increasing activity.

Yes! You're in! Good luck, and we got this!
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Options
    I'm hoping to be able to still do what I had planned for the next 8 weeks (a mix of yoga, running, and spinning classes) but I fell while I was on my ski trip and twisted my knee. I think I MAY have torn something. Pain is gone most of the time by now, but missteps here and there (mostly involving pivoting and extension) have been bothersome.
    I'm pretty sure my run days will have to be walk days at least until I go see my ortho in a few weeks, but I'm planning to do what I can within any restrictions I get when I see the doc.
  • PrueH1
    PrueH1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I would like to join too. I have my wedding anniversary in June and I want to look great.
  • shinz86
    shinz86 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hwy me too joining . . .this sounds interesting . . . .i also wnt to reduce my weight as much as possible. . . Currently im 70kg. . .
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Options
    Day 2 finished! It was spin class, and the knee held up for most of the class.
  • segoviaj17
    segoviaj17 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I’m in!
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    I’m in, day 1 tomorrow. I have a trip in mid June I’d like to lean out for.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    My exercise plan is daily running + lifting Tuesday & friday. I’d also like to start incorporating some evening gentle yoga to help me wind down.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Options
    I'd say we are all gonna look great for our trips/events!
  • Keri8680
    Keri8680 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I did a yoga video today. The nonstop rain we had just had me feeling blah today!